Catholic School Pushes For Shocking "Evangelical' Music at Mass
Just shocking...

Nice.  I have to admit your thread title had me preparing for something else.  :laughing:
Like that one girl said: "I don't think people should be afraid of Latin, because it is really easy..."

TAKE THAT you Modernists who shun the SACRED LANGUAGE of the Catholic Church!!!!
(07-05-2011, 06:17 PM)TradCathYouth Wrote: Like that one girl said: "I don't think people should be afraid of Latin, because it is really easy..."

TAKE THAT you Modernists who shun the SACRED LANGUAGE of the Catholic Church!!!!

I am continually amazed at how children respond so well to Latin...
If only we could get more adults to be as intelligent as these children. 
I don't know how many adults have told me that Latin is so hard or that they never could sing it.  Those adults need to watch this video and see that a little child can do it.  Why can't they?
(07-05-2011, 06:34 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: I don't know how many adults have told me that Latin is so hard or that they never could sing it.  Those adults need to watch this video and see that a little child can do it.   Why can't they?

They don't see the reason for it like the children do.  Once that comes, things will change.
(07-05-2011, 06:36 PM)dymphna17 Wrote:
(07-05-2011, 06:34 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: I don't know how many adults have told me that Latin is so hard or that they never could sing it.  Those adults need to watch this video and see that a little child can do it.   Why can't they?

They don't see the reason for it like the children do.  Once that comes, things will change.

The question was purely rhetorical.  I know the reason and THEY know the reason as well.  It's just they won't admit that can't just means won't, but they want it to sound like a real inability, rather than a willful one.
biologically speaking, It is much easier for children to learn new languages than it is for adults. 
(07-05-2011, 07:12 PM)HotRod Wrote: biologically speaking, It is much easier for children to learn new languages than it is for adults. 

That I understand, however, it's not that difficult.  One doesn't have to learn the language, but just the pronunciations which I've found a person who isn't great at it can pick up in a short time if that person really wants to.  In the end, it usually (I'll say that there probably are some people that can't grasp it for one reason or another) is just a matter of the desire to do so.