Seeking Advice as Soon-to-be Teacher
Does anyone have advice for a person just entering a teaching position in a traditional Catholic school? Any suggestions, whether reading suggestions or advice from experience would be a great help.
In all seriousness, my advice is to not post on public Internet forums.

And if you do, make sure you can't be identified as the teacher of anyone.
(07-06-2011, 08:14 AM)Rosarium Wrote: In all seriousness, my advice is to not post on public Internet forums.

Point well taken.
(07-06-2011, 10:34 AM)LongfellowDeeds Wrote:
(07-06-2011, 08:14 AM)Rosarium Wrote: In all seriousness, my advice is to not post on public Internet forums.

Point well taken.
LOL- that was one of the first things our education lecturers told us (I'm currently studying to be a teacher). They even went so far as to say to delete one's facebook profile & to basically have no internet presence as such. 

Be as loyal as you can to the teachings of Jesus and his Catholic Church, and go through old Catholic grammar school books and see how they included Catholicism in every subject, then do it yourself.
Check out http://edocere.org/. Lots of good stuff.
Whenever you have a bad child on your hand make sure to rreprimand him or her in private and if you need to do it in public make sure you speak to them on their level (literally). 

That's what one of my teachers gave to me as advice.

Another thing to remember is not to let the bad children see you get too emotional over something especialy if you're a woman.

My choir director did that the boys had a Field day on her.

If you have already heard these bits of advice take heed of them even more. 
I don't think you can delete a facebook profile.  Or is it that facebook does not really delete the files you uploaded (pictures etc.)
I do not like facebook. In Latin america, too many abductions happen because of people posting their every movement on facebook linked with twitter.

I think you can delete it, though I'm not sure... I know you can disable the account, or at least set it up in such a way that your account can't be found through the search engines.

The thing I hate about Facebook is that it's a hassle to go through all the privacy settings. And they sometimes make changes by adding new features without letting you know.
You can permanently delete a facebook account using this link: http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php...te_account

If you use that link and then don't log in for 2 weeks, your account is deleted.  I did it myself once and can confirm that it works.  Although a year or so later I gave in and made a new account....