Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges!
(07-09-2011, 01:53 PM)ggreg Wrote: What is it about a stricter code of Catholicism that attracts these arrogant a-holes?

Easy.  They fail at everything else, have no friends, life,job or hobby, and so find the thing they can excel at.  They look at trad Catholicism and say 'hey, I can do this!' (Bc they have nothing better to do....) And then they try to find others who are either human or not insane and then go 'you archheretic modernist slime!  Don't you know what real traditional Catholicism is?  Mommy and daddy don't love me, so I read all about it on the internet and don't you know you're all going to hell bc you didn't do x in a certain. Fashion?  You're not even Catholic because of it bc a saint said this sentence, but it don't matter bc I'm bastardizing the quote and context anyway.'

Stupid punk kids.
(07-09-2011, 03:52 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(07-09-2011, 03:19 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: The work force actually militates against traditionally minded people in general, to say nothing of those who are trads.

There are plenty of unemployable peopole around without beating up fellow catholics.

But if you need to kick on fellow catholics bcz it makes yoiu feel like you made the right choices, go ahead

Sure but this is a Traditional Catholic noticeboard. 

I beat up on the drunken Irishmen at www.pissedpaddyforum.com

If I am going to give my opinion I want an audience.

Don't be so easy on yourself.

You have a smokin hot Russian wife, make six figures and a requisite amount of children and consumer items, possibly even a house in the Isle of Wight, but I don't know if it entitles you to heaven.

Sure, this is the internet, and any ass can comment.  He doesn't need a degree, a job or even a girlfriend to post.

If you keep it vague enough you can create a stereotype, but it's not a particularly helpful one.  Most of the "trads" I know personally have jobs and families to support.
(07-10-2011, 03:31 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(07-09-2011, 01:53 PM)ggreg Wrote: What is it about a stricter code of Catholicism that attracts these arrogant a-holes?

Easy.  They fail at everything else, have no friends, life,job or hobby, and so find the thing they can excel at.  They look at trad Catholicism and say 'hey, I can do this!' (Bc they have nothing better to do....) And then they try to find others who are either human or not insane and then go 'you archheretic modernist slime!  Don't you know what real traditional Catholicism is?  Mommy and daddy don't love me, so I read all about it on the internet and don't you know you're all going to hell bc you didn't do x in a certain. Fashion?  You're not even Catholic because of it bc a saint said this sentence, but it don't matter bc I'm bastardizing the quote and context anyway.'

Stupid punk kids.

I'm sure you made the same series of connections when you thought you discovered the hobby of Christianity.
(07-10-2011, 07:53 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 03:31 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

Stupid punk kids.

I'm sure you made the same series of connections when you thought you discovered the hobby of Christianity.

I don't think so.  I'm rather quiet, and I don't like being shown I'm wrong, so if I'm unsure of something, I don't speak up.  :)  Better to be thought of foolish than to remove all doubt, and all.

Also, are you saying I'm a hobbyist of Christianity?  I don't think you are, but want to clarify.  :)
its about control and authoritarianism and about being a bully. in the end thats what it boils down to. it betrays a weakness of faith and a lack of faith. ive seen it not just amongst trads but amongst fringe politcal groups as well. extremesit of any sort tend to fit a certain personality type and interact a certain way with the world which in the end isnt healthy. cathinfo is a good case in point.
not tyo get to deep here. but if someone cant take a look at an avatar with a pooch and sunglasses on his bum without taking a fit or a stroke or freaking out then the kid has more plms then any of us can help him with
sip
There's lots of mainstream bullying that goes on too.
yes there is. but amongst fringe groups its more accute most likely due to the size of said groups, and the alienation such groups suffer from
Charles Coulombe talks about this in some detail, as he's been the recipient of it.

There's a big difference between legitimate criticism and bullying.

When you want to feel better after a hard day at your six figure job, maybe it helps you feel like you're a worthwhile human being to make a mentally unbalanced, possibly patentless adolescent feel bad?

And that comes from the mainstream culture.

Chances are, ggreg probably just pupms gas at a bp station somewhere near coventry and lives with mum and dad.
College, when ur getting on a dogpile with a guy who routinely pats himself on the back about how much money he makes and how this makes him a better human being, if not a flaming Calvinist jerk, I have to wonder just what it is your motives are.

That being said, if ur living beneath your potential and farting around with things that take away from ur responsibilities as a son, employee, soldier, husband, priest or whatever... You're possibly wrong, I'm not sure but someone who hates you or a priest in confessional, can give you a good idea.