Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges!
In curious why he is assumed to be s fake due to a sinfull  fpast?
csn u elaborate on that? Rosemary?

Lakefront houses? Boats? A priest? Say It isn't so!!!! Shirk the thought bishops have boats, masnions, limos and wee boys
cough
oh right
it's fine for bshops silly  me I fogot that part
sip

So who will be the next NO "Conservative" priest to fall??  Inquiring minds would like to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( :pray:
If his estate is valued at a million dollars, that's actually kind of ... not that great

I see that Solt is playing the class-war card, how very Marxist.
(07-06-2011, 12:27 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: In curious why he is assumed to be s fake due to a sinfull  fpast?
csn u elaborate on that? Rosemary?

Lakefront houses? Boats? A priest? Say It isn't so!!!! Shirk the thought bishops have boats, masnions, limos and wee boys
cough
oh right
it's fine for bshops silly  me I fogot that part
sip

Yeah, Bishops can do whatever they damn well please and get away with them :realmad:!!!!  >:(
Years ago, a few FSSP priests had commented to me that it was not a good idea for Fr. Corapi to go into such detail about his sinful past when telling his conversion story. Their reasoning was that it could be a temptation to pride. In speaking of such things, feelings of arrogance could arise over how "successful" he had been (the things he owned, the people he knew, the girlfriends he had, etc.).  For the listeners, there could arise a morbid fascination with such a lifestyle. I understand the point he was trying to make, but I can also see how this could be a spiritual danger and a source of temptation. Perhaps he did not have the proper attitude toward his past life, after all.
Anyone know where I can find a copy of their Constitution?

I'm asking because there's nothing about a vow of poverty that I can see on their website, and Bishop Gracida maintains that these guys don't have a vow of poverty.

(07-06-2011, 12:39 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: Years ago, a few FSSP priests had commented to me that it was not a good idea for Fr. Corapi to go into such detail about his sinful past when telling his conversion story. Their reasoning was that it could be a temptation to pride. In speaking of such things, feelings of arrogance could arise over how "successful" he had been (the things he owned, the people he knew, the girlfriends he had, etc.).  For the listeners, there could arise a morbid fascination with such a lifestyle. I understand the point he was trying to make, but I can also see how this could be a spiritual danger and a source of temptation. Perhaps he did not have the proper attitude toward his past life, after all.

Yes, i can see how you can fall into pride! That is deadly, especially with his past!
(07-06-2011, 12:39 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: Years ago, a few FSSP priests had commented to me that it was not a good idea for Fr. Corapi to go into such detail about his sinful past when telling his conversion story. Their reasoning was that it could be a temptation to pride. In speaking of such things, feelings of arrogance could arise over how "successful" he had been (the things he owned, the people he knew, the girlfriends he had, etc.).  For the listeners, there could arise a morbid fascination with such a lifestyle. I understand the point he was trying to make, but I can also see how this could be a spiritual danger and a source of temptation. Perhaps he did not have the proper attitude toward his past life, after all.

Perhaps he's just not cut out to be a priest. Thats OK. He should do as priests did in olden times and go to a monastery and devote the rest of his life to prayer and penance, at least that would be somewhat of a good example for the public to see.
In Nomine , that's the problem he doesn't want to go into a monastery  :(
maybe he is cut to be a priest. and fell hard carryin his cross. really. growing up i cant remember a priest who didnt drink heavily. thats not the same as the outrage of screwing a woman )as opposed to kids or boys cough) but i dont buy for a second his former past as an addict disqualifies him as being a priest.