Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges!
Looks like only Novices take a vow of poverty, so that's what looks like at least one false claim this denunciation makes. 

At the completion of this year and upon the discernment with those involved, the men receive the habit and make temporary promises of Poverty, Chastity and Obedience for one year. At the end of this year, the men will also discern with Our Lady’s Society if they are called to be priest in the Society or if they are to remain permanent brothers in the Society.

http://www.societyofourlady.net/priests-formation.html
father corapi should say
"ill go into a monastery when all the homo and pedo biships go into one just not the one im goin into"
sip
of course that would just be a hushed silience to that.
that would mean most new church biships and then what?
lol
The Novus Ordo has felled another one..... not that it's the only cause (Google the Society of St. John if you doubt me), but deficient as the NO is, it didn't help any.
"Speaking of close, Ruffatto's curious closing, "The Church provides no financial support for Fr. Corapi...your purchase of products from Santa Cruz Media helps provide the funding for Father's continued work, as well as the legal expenses he continues to incur..." makes no sense on the surface, sounding more like the pitch of a Protestant televangelist than a priest from a Marian order. That is, it doesn't make sense until you discover that the lucrative SCM is a for-profit corporation "completely independent" of Corapi's order. Moreover, Corapi is both its president and CEO, so for those who wrote me to ask if the members of SOLT take a vow of poverty, the answer, at least in this case, is a resounding "no." "

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/otoole/110405
Uh, sorry to interrupt your showtrial, Comrade Fathers, but:

The Slandering Solt document states as follows,

Slandering Solt Document Wrote:He holds legal title to over $1 million in real estate, numerous luxury vehicles, motorcycles, an ATV, a boat dock, and several motor boats, which is a serious violation of his promise of poverty as a perpetually professed member of the Society.

According to what shows on line, Novices take a vow of poverty lasting only a year during the Novitiate.  It's temporary.

I wonder, since the author of the hit piece originating from Solt doesn't seem to understand his own Constitutions, that it's perhaps possible that he might have been less than competent or honest when it comes to the other evidence he's presented?

Hmmm....
Boy the fuss about all of this... you'd think that Father Corapi had denied an article of Faith or something....  :laughing:
The SOLT came up with a brand new charter in 1994 that included the vow of poverty and holding everything in common. The SOLT priests who joined before '94 were grandfathered in without having to abide by the '94 rules. Fr. Corapi was not bound to the '94 charter and did not have the vow of poverty that SOLT priests have today.

I am not saying he is innocent of the charges and I don't like priests having many luxurious cars, but there is confusion over the vow of poverty and it seems like Fr. Corapi didn't have one.
(07-06-2011, 01:18 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: The SOLT came up with a brand new charter in 1994 that included the vow of poverty and holding everything in common. The SOLT priests who joined before '94 were grandfathered in without having to abide by the '94 rules. Fr. Corapi was not bound to the '94 charter and did not have a vow of poverty.

I am not saying he is innocent of the charges and I don't like priests having many luxurious cars, but there is confusion over the vow of poverty and it seems like Fr. Corapi didn't have one.

I'd sue these incompetents on the basis of that spurious claim alone. 

Some of you appear to have a misunderstanding with regard to "temporary vows." These are common in all religious orders. Novices take temporary vows, and then once they have proven themselves for a few years, they then take perpetual vows. I have never heard of a case where they take temporary vows at the start, and then stop taking those vows altogether once they have been with the order a while. Indeed, if you are a religious, by definition, you must take vows in accord with the evangelical counsels of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
(07-06-2011, 01:25 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: Some of you appear to have a misunderstanding with regard to "temporary vows." These are common in all religious orders. Novices take temporary vows, and then once they have proven themselves for a few years, they then take perpetual vows. I have never heard of a case where they take temporary vows at the start, and then stop taking those vows altogether once they have been with the order a while. Indeed, if you are a religious, by definition, you must take vows in accord with the evangelical counsels of poverty, chastity, and obedience.

Father Corapi hasn't taken a vow of poverty and these jerks have a lot of nerve playing the class-war card.

Moreover, Solt isn't a religious order, it's some kind of Society of Apostolic Life.