Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges!
I had never heard of this priest before, but I am not sure how we can condone a priest cohabiting with a woman, engaging in drug use, and disobeying his superiors for clearly self interested reasons. If this priest was a progressive everyone here would be chasing him with pitchforks.

This said Father Z had some interesting comments on this. He said being a priest is a hard life and priests face the same temptations as everyone else. He said he was very sad to hear about this priest, but asked people to pray for him rather than express an unhealthy interest with what he had done.
The fact that he's taken himself out of the Priesthood altogether over this says more about him than it ever will SOLT.  Maybe he is hurt and furious over what they've done to him, but his is not behavior befitting a Priest.  It only makes him look guilty.  So would "having them for lunch".  He could have changed orders if it was that bad.  Instead he chooses to leave the Priesthood altogether and go off on his own.  Something's fishy here.
What's fishy is the adult special education chorus.
(07-06-2011, 02:43 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: The fact that he's taken himself out of the Priesthood altogether over this says more about him than it ever will SOLT.  Maybe he is hurt and furious over what they've done to him, but his is not behavior befitting a Priest.  It only makes him look guilty.  So would "having them for lunch".  He could have changed orders if it was that bad.  Instead he chooses to leave the Priesthood altogether and go off on his own.  Something's fishy here.

That's my primary concern too. I almost don't even care about the charges and whether they are true, false, proven or alleged or whatever. Priests have fallen before, they will fall again sadly, but we pray and sacrifice for their return. Him choosing to leave the priesthood rather than pick back up again, or if the charges are false, suffer through them, is more alarming to me.
(07-06-2011, 02:59 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: What's fishy is the adult special education chorus.

Kiss my grits, thou who knowest all there is to know.   ::)
Even if he were guilty of the alleged offenses being imputed to him, it leaves many more questions.  And given the obviously false statement regarding Father's canonical status in this whole thing, it looks like baloney.  They didn't have their ducks in a row.

Certainly such crimes as Father Corapi is being accused of pale, shrink and wither into insignificance when compared to the malfeasance and indifference of his superiors, and those of the Bishop of Corpus Christi himself, who not only allows Focolare in his Dicoese but belongs to the society with its heretical mission statement and message of religious indifferentism.  he also cancelled this years tradition of Corpus Christi and doesn't want people kneeling for Communion...

Still more patently obvious should be the fact that it's pretty strange that Priests like Corapi get lynched on line by slimy perpetrators like Shea, Fakin and the rest, but when there are similar creatures of priestly stature who are guilty of far worse crimes, even priests of celebrated status like the Barrigans, Father Greeley [who's PROBABLY more wealthy than Corapi] , McBrien, or any number of well-healed, highly published celebrity liberals, they are passed over without much comment, or at least faint disapproval, and most important of all, no action from their superiors.

Those who have no reverence for obedience have no right to expect it in others.
It's appears father corapo has panicked and has made some bad decisions. I csn understand that. I have been falsey accused of things  before. So I have a glimpse of his pain and it's hard to think straight and make heright decisions when u r being hunted or see your lifes  work crumble before your eyes.
Guilt or not, his past sins and present ones he still is a priest and though he has t touched  Me he has others
it always a victory foe Satan when a priests falls. This has been a coup for Satan
I wish rather corapo had better spiritual advice in this. The bes thing he could of sone is shut up go away someplace and ten years oe so from now make an appearence maybe
but i'm sure he is a very vwey alone man right now. I'm no saint or angel
it hurts seeing such a priest be brought down as other vile bishops and priests  sip their champaign and screw eachother in the ass with impunity on roman holidays all the merrier.
yeah
this sucks
(07-06-2011, 03:24 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: It's appears father corapo has panicked and has made some bad decisions. I csn understand that. I have been falsey accused of things  before. So I have a glimpse of his pain and it's hard to think straight and make heright decisions when u r being hunted or see your lifes  work crumble before your eyes.
Guilt or not, his past sins and present ones he still is a priest and though he has t touched   Me he has others
it always a victory foe Satan when a priests falls. This has been a coup for Satan
I wish rather corapo had better spiritual advice in this. The bes thing he could of sone is shut up go away someplace and ten years oe so from now make an appearence maybe
but i'm sure he is a very vwey alone man right now. I'm no saint or angel
it hurts seeing such a priest be brought down as other vile bishops and priests  sip their champaign and screw eachother in the ass with impunity on roman holidays all the merrier.
yeah
this sucks

Agree generally, not sure how he's been outmaneuvered.  They don't sound like they've got their crap together on the question of his canonical status, so I can't imagine that they have solid data supporting their other accusations.

We're just going to have to see.
I'm just waiting for his response or rebuttal on "BlackSheepDog"  So far nothing yet!!!  ::)
Well ok
let's wait for Fathers response. But in inclined to say the have destroyed his darrerr and it's highly u likely he will ver recover the scope and aduience he had.
Which is always what Satan wants. To raise a priest and being him down hard. It aids in ruining the faith in peoples hearts or having thefsithfukk fight eachother like wild dogs
as is being done
sip