Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges!
(07-06-2011, 03:38 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Well ok
let's wait for Fathers response. But in inclined to say the have destroyed his darrerr and it's highly u likely he will ver recover the scope and aduience he had.
Which is always what Satan wants. To raise a priest and being him down hard. It aids in ruining the faith in peoples hearts or having thefsithfukk fight eachother like wild dogs
as is being done
sip

True :(
let's wait for Fathers response. But in inclined to say the have destroyed his darrerr and it's highly u likely he will ver recover the scope and aduience he had.
Which is always what Satan wants. To raise a priest and being him down hard. It aids in ruining the faith in peoples hearts or having thefsithfukk fight eachother like wild dogs
as is being done
sip

Well yes, its possible. And it is also possible that all these allegations against him are truth, ...My friend went to see Fr corapi in October and she noticed something was not right with him...She can sense when someone isnt in a state of grace...She didn't feel "right" being there, she is very perceptive like that..... Btu who knows, ii have feeling the truth will come out soon!! Damn shame, the devil is too powerful  today!!!!!  >:(  His time is running out  though, (probably by 2017, 2020 is the chastisement 2038 the latest), then the period of peace! :pray:
(07-06-2011, 02:43 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: The fact that he's taken himself out of the Priesthood altogether over this says more about him than it ever will SOLT.  Maybe he is hurt and furious over what they've done to him, but his is not behavior befitting a Priest.  It only makes him look guilty.  So would "having them for lunch".  He could have changed orders if it was that bad.  Instead he chooses to leave the Priesthood altogether and go off on his own.  Something's fishy here.
(07-06-2011, 03:44 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
as is being done
sip

Well yes, its possible. And it is also possible that all these allegations against him are truth, ...My friend went to see Fr corapi in October and she noticed something was not right with him...She can sense when someone isnt in a state of grace...She didn't feel "right" being there, she is very perceptive like that..... Btu who knows, ii have feeling the truth will come out soon!! Damn shame, the devil is too powerful  today!!!!!  >:(  His time is running out  though, (probably by 2017, 2020 is the chastisement 2038 the latest), then the period of peace! :pray:

The chastisement has already begun.
(07-06-2011, 03:59 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote:
(07-06-2011, 03:44 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
as is being done
sip

The chastisement has already begun.

Spiritual yes, but Material/temporal not quite yet!!!!!.
Quote:For one, he hasn't taken a vow of poverty, which does in fact exist in the new constitution. 

How do we know he hasn’t taken a vow (or promise) of poverty?  Does Fr. Corapi say he hasn’t (source please)?  His superior seems to think he has, and without some authoritative documentation I think that trumps your opinion, especially after your assertion that
Quote: Looks like only Novices take a vow of poverty, so that's what looks like at least one false claim this denunciation makes.

when the SOLT website clearly states that first vows are not taken until AFTER the noviate.

It would seem to be highly unusual for a member of an order or society to not be under the same vows or promises as all the other members.  I’m not saying that an order or society may not make such a dispensation but I am unaware of such a precedent.

Quote: Two, Solt's not a religious order.
Who said it was?  Yes, I did use the “o” word in my post, but I also stated …perhaps because the Society does not hold the rank of an order yet… and my context was very clear.  As has been discussed several times in the various threads on this topic SOLT is a Society of Apostolic Life operating under ecclesiastical approbation.  There is not much practical distinction between the two and often the “rank” of Society is a prelude to becoming a recognized Order, though some organizations remain as a Society (I believe the Sulpicians are an example of this).  In any event I’m not grasping the relevancy of this to the topic under discussion.

Quote: , Father Corapi is apparently grandfathered in under the old pre-94 constitution, otherwise, why are they just now being concerned about his wealth?

IDK, do you?  Perhaps not, since you use the word “apparently” and do not provide any documentation for the presumption.  I don’t know, and I’m thinking no one else here does either, all the details of communication, ministerial assignment, living arrangements, etc. that have occurred between Fr. Corapi and his lawful superiors in the Society.

I could pass the rest of the afternoon speculating on various possibilities and perhaps probabilities.  Perhaps they just didn’t keep in as close of contact with him as maybe they might now wished they had.  Perhaps they were basking in his good name and the attention his public presence brought to the Society.  Perhaps they enjoyed too much the financial largess his ministry provided, and now wish they had “looked into things” more closely.  Perhaps he, while being bound by the traditional vows (or promises) was allowed by his superiors an arrangement to provide for his temporal needs from the ministry’s proceeds and he maybe appeared to provide for those in a more generous manner than the Society was aware of.   IDK, and it’s really not my place to speculate.  These are matters to be worked out between Fr. Corapi and his superiors, and a first step toward resolving them would be for the two parties to actually start talking to each other, one on one, face to face (ideally without the “ambulance chasers” hovering around, but that’s just my opinion).

What caught my surprise when Fr. Corapi announced his was leaving public ministry as a priest (but not leaving the Church) was that it had barley been 4 months since the allegations were first made by his accusers.  Having been around the church for six decades (that would span both a pre and a post VII era) and having been reading church history in recent years one thing I have ascertained is that the Church does not usually move quickly.

Based on some cases of accusations of clerical misconduct here in WA state (which resulted in some priests being permanently removed from ministry and in others being exonerated and returned to full ministry ~ nobody was ever left in a state of “indefinite suspension”)  I would have suspected that the process would take close to a year.  Then there were reports from SOLT that the canonical process had been impeded by the Fr. Corapi’s filing a lawsuit against the accuser.  I’m not a canon lawyer (I don’t believe anyone here is) but SOLT said that canon law was rather strict about there not being any thing that might affect a witnesses’ free testimony.  This was reinforced by an interview I heard on the radio (EWTN local affiliate) with a gentleman who was both a canon and a civil attorney.  He had reviewed the publically available information regarding this case and stated that (without imputing any motivation on anybody’s part) Fr. Corapi has effectively derailed the proper canonical process with his civil tort action.  This attorney surmised that Fr. Corapi should have allowed the ecclesiastical process to continue to fruition (ideally his restoration to public ministry as a priest), and then (as in afterwards) he could pursue such civil remedies he felt he may be entitled to.  Once he interjected the secular authorities into the Church’s judicial process early on he created a rather “sticky wicket”.

The accusations against Fr. Corapi are speculative, at this point unsubstantiated, and largely here say.  Despite how any aspect may appear he is entitled, IMHO, to a presumption of innocence until proven otherwise, beyond a reasonable doubt.

The musings of some that the bishops want to take out Fr. Corapi (personally I don’t think they collectively are that smart or that organized), or that he will be left in the limbo of an indefinite suspension (effectively silenced without a final resolution of the issues), or that he is being “denied his canonical and civil rights” are likewise speculative, at this point unsubstantiated, and largely here say.

The only manner by which this will end in a meaningful way is to complete the ecclesiastical process for dealing with such matters.  Once that is done (which should take no more than a year, but certainly not as quickly as 4 months, from what I’ve observed), if Fr. Corapi feels he was not dealt with fairly THEN he could begin a process of canonical appeal, and perhaps even action in the civil court, as appropriate.  But, until the first step is taken it is just  “she said / he said”  gossip, and whether innocent or guilty, he will continue to be under a cloud of suspicion, which I would think would not be a positive for any future preaching ministry, whether as a priest or as a lay evangelist.
Why did th woman cone at now? And not last year oe wheneer?
Does anyone know?
(07-06-2011, 04:18 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Why did th woman cone at now? And not last year oe wheneer?
Does anyone know?

I am sure it was for self-interested reasons, but that doesn't really change much. 
It does a fsir bit
for me anywy
Here are a few questions for the readers.

I am rather perplexed. Should a priest have over 1 million dollars tied up in real estate? Even if he has not taken a perpetual vow of poverty does it still not go against the spirit of poverty?  

Should a priest exercise his priestly ministry with little emphasize on administering the sacraments? Don't the sacraments provide nourishment for the priest's active life? Isn't a priest ordained to offer sacrifice?

It is disturbing to see this cult of personality surround this priest. Human weakness will always be there given the wounds of original sin but it almost seems that people are turning a blind eye to the incongruities of Fr. Corapi's life with that of a robust priesthood which must be Christ-centered, humble, detached from the spirit of the world and balanced. There is something unbalanced about this priest regardless of how much truth he has preached.

Fame and the priesthood do not mix.