New GIRM closes loophole. Haugen, Haas and the gang shall weep
Yes, we all remember the loophole in the NO that allowed banal ditties to be substituted for the real propers. One example is the responsorial psalms. Its bad enough we had these truncated pieces inserted into the new mass, but it wasn't good enough for the progressives. They would insert some Haugen/Haas dribble in its place. Apparently the new GIRM has closed the loophole of replacing the propers or other chants with hymns. All options are chants, no replacement songs that appease the liturgical experts. Sadly, they are still allowing cantors, though choirs are the first choice listed. Cantors should stay in synagogues. But I digress. Its not the traditional mass, but this is a good start.
http://www.chantcafe.com/2011/07/dramati...s-for.html
"It seems that from some crack made by traditionalists, the Holy Ghost has entered the Novus Ordo. The smoke of Satan wafts away as he purges the heresy from the Church." quote from me.

just hoe affective is this going to be?

It's going to be in the missle and I'm pretty sure a lot of the musicans in the church don't get to read from the missle.

Will the priest know about this? 
Just wanted to point out that cantors have a place in the Church as part of Eastern Catholic tradition.  That doesn't mean it should be shoved into the Latin Rite, but to say cantors don't belong in Catholic liturgies is incorrect.
(07-08-2011, 03:37 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Just wanted to point out that cantors have a place in the Church as part of Eastern Catholic tradition.  That doesn't mean it should be shoved into the Latin Rite, but to say cantors don't belong in Catholic liturgies is incorrect.

Isn't the cantor in the East usually an ordained man?  Not a pushy old lady who dreams of replacing male priests, like in the new Latin rite?
(07-08-2011, 03:47 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 03:37 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Just wanted to point out that cantors have a place in the Church as part of Eastern Catholic tradition.  That doesn't mean it should be shoved into the Latin Rite, but to say cantors don't belong in Catholic liturgies is incorrect.

Isn't the cantor in the East usually an ordained man?  Not a pushy old lady who dreams of replacing male priests, like in the new Latin rite?

:laughing:

I have luckily never met one of those but I'm sure it exists.

True. I forgot about the Eastern Rites. In the West, I'm not sure how we got cantors.

This website kind of has a Roman Catholic thing going on.  Do we really need to always be so politically correct toward the Eastern Rite? Can't we just assume we're just talking about the Roman church here?

Now, Melikite will be here to have my head! 
(07-08-2011, 10:03 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:

This website kind of has a Roman Catholic thing going on.  Do we really need to always be so politically correct toward the Eastern Rite? Can't we just assume we're just talking about the Roman church here?

The "Roman" in "Roman Catholic" does not refer to rite.
(07-08-2011, 10:05 PM)Rosarium Wrote:

*goes home*
(07-08-2011, 10:08 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 10:05 PM)Rosarium Wrote:

*goes home*

WHAT?!