New GIRM closes loophole. Haugen, Haas and the gang shall weep
(07-11-2011, 06:42 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: I have no patience for people who won't celebrate international day of the Latin Mass because it falls on a Thursday! 

I'm a traditionalist, sir.  I have no patience for newly minted feast days and tinkering with the calendar!  :)
(07-11-2011, 06:52 AM)BrendanD Wrote:
(07-11-2011, 06:42 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: I have no patience for people who won't celebrate international day of the Latin Mass because it falls on a Thursday! 

I'm a traditionalist, sir.  I have no patience for newly minted feast days and tinkering with the calendar!   :)

Saint Pius X called on Catholics to attend mass daily. Also you missed the feasts of Saints Cyril and Methodius! Nice job!
(07-11-2011, 05:47 AM)BrendanD Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 06:38 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 05:07 PM)BrendanD Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 02:59 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Many people here don't even have the option of attending the TLM and attend the NO.  Many people attend the NO as a last resort.  We're not all opposed to the NO under any circumstances. An improvement in the NO...is an improvement!

But, as someone who didn't properly celebrate International Latin Mass Day on Thursday your views are void :-p

Why don't they have an option?  People drove for HOURS to attend the TLM (my parents among them)  Now we have SP,  why aren't people lining up priests to say Mass?  Building communities?

People who attend "pretty" NO masses are not traditionalists.  They have an interest in tradition; might like a little Latin; awwww the heck with it...

Your generalizations not withstanding I believe you are wrong. Also I believe you are wrong about the intentions of the Holy Father. Pope Benedict knows perefectly well that it would be impossible and ridiculous to roll back the liturgy or to even create a new Missal less than 50 years after Paul VI Missal. If anything it would create a new precedent at which any Pope might feel free to do with the Missal what it wanted and the changes would never stop. That is why all the changes that he is trying to influence are mainly off the books. In the end however he has set up a system in which Catholics will simply vote with their feet and in the end this spells the end of the NO.

The gravitational pull theory is not just for the form of the Mass but also for the Catholic faithful. In the end those that want true religion meaning true Christianity will gravitate them selves towards a true form of worship that only the Tridentine offers. In reality Pope Benedict's SP is a master stroke, for as the biological solution works its way trough the Church the new presbyters are like the Jesuits of old, hiding in their priest holes praying the Mass of ages while the old trendies try to flush them out, but there is simply too many to contain.

In the end the Faith lives because the Faith is true.

How can I be wrong about the intentions of the Holy Father when I never speculated on them?  Did you even read what I wrote before you launched your Zuhlsdorfian "gravitational pull" bs?

There's no "gravitational pull" for traditionalists. We aren't interested in making the Novus Ordo better - we want it relegated to the dust bin.  Full restoration was and is our goal.  You gravitational pull people should pack up your Adoremus hymnals and go haunt the EWTN fora

You absolutly did speculate on his intentions when you commented on the fact that the has not changed the NO and at the same time however did change the friday prayer for the TLM. Inderectly that represents at least a certain amount of hostility towards the current pontificate. Also to equate B16 with JPII at least in this forum is insulting and plain wrong.

As per making the NO better, now who is not reading posts? the gravitational pull is the tool by which the NO will be relegated to the dust bin of history.
(07-11-2011, 07:04 AM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(07-11-2011, 05:47 AM)BrendanD Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 06:38 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 05:07 PM)BrendanD Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 02:59 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Many people here don't even have the option of attending the TLM and attend the NO.  Many people attend the NO as a last resort.  We're not all opposed to the NO under any circumstances. An improvement in the NO...is an improvement!

But, as someone who didn't properly celebrate International Latin Mass Day on Thursday your views are void :-p

Why don't they have an option?  People drove for HOURS to attend the TLM (my parents among them)  Now we have SP,  why aren't people lining up priests to say Mass?  Building communities?

People who attend "pretty" NO masses are not traditionalists.  They have an interest in tradition; might like a little Latin; awwww the heck with it...

Your generalizations not withstanding I believe you are wrong. Also I believe you are wrong about the intentions of the Holy Father. Pope Benedict knows perefectly well that it would be impossible and ridiculous to roll back the liturgy or to even create a new Missal less than 50 years after Paul VI Missal. If anything it would create a new precedent at which any Pope might feel free to do with the Missal what it wanted and the changes would never stop. That is why all the changes that he is trying to influence are mainly off the books. In the end however he has set up a system in which Catholics will simply vote with their feet and in the end this spells the end of the NO.

The gravitational pull theory is not just for the form of the Mass but also for the Catholic faithful. In the end those that want true religion meaning true Christianity will gravitate them selves towards a true form of worship that only the Tridentine offers. In reality Pope Benedict's SP is a master stroke, for as the biological solution works its way trough the Church the new presbyters are like the Jesuits of old, hiding in their priest holes praying the Mass of ages while the old trendies try to flush them out, but there is simply too many to contain.

In the end the Faith lives because the Faith is true.

How can I be wrong about the intentions of the Holy Father when I never speculated on them?  Did you even read what I wrote before you launched your Zuhlsdorfian "gravitational pull" bs?

There's no "gravitational pull" for traditionalists. We aren't interested in making the Novus Ordo better - we want it relegated to the dust bin.  Full restoration was and is our goal.  You gravitational pull people should pack up your Adoremus hymnals and go haunt the EWTN fora

You absolutly did speculate on his intentions when you commented on the fact that the has not changed the NO and at the same time however did change the friday prayer for the TLM. Inderectly that represents at least a certain amount of hostility towards the current pontificate. Also to equate B16 with JPII at least in this forum is insulting and plain wrong.

As per making the NO better, now who is not reading posts? the gravitational pull is the tool by which the NO will be relegated to the dust bin of history.

Are you a native speaker of English?  Because in your own post (above) you wrote "you commented on the FACT that he has not changed" etc.  Commenting on FACTS is not speculation.  And, outside of your mind, I displayed no hostility to Pope Benedict nor did I, or would I, equate him with JPII.

No, the gravitational pull theory -- as advocated by effeminate priests with too much free time on their hands -- is an influence on the NO.  If you want to relegate the NO to the dustbin of history then do it.

Dump it, walk away from it...

(07-11-2011, 06:58 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:

I'm a traditionalist, sir.  I have no patience for newly minted feast days and tinkering with the calendar!   :)

Saint Pius X called on Catholics to attend mass daily. Also you missed the feasts of Saints Cyril and Methodius! Nice job!

How do you know that I didnt go to Mass on Thursday?  :) 
(07-11-2011, 07:16 AM)BrendanD Wrote:
(07-11-2011, 06:58 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:

How do you know that I didnt go to Mass on Thursday?  :)   

That's a non-denial :-p
Dogmas come before Liturgies.