Diocese of Orange considering purchase of "Crystal Cathedral"
Robert Schuller's monstrosity of glass may become the new Catholic cathedral in Orange Calif. The diocese there is considering its purchase.
Looks to me like it ought to be recycled and forgotten. [Image: crystal_cathedral_1.jpg]

http://www.ewtn.com/vnews/getstory.asp?number=114294
My father wrote in my baby book that at age 6 months I visited the Crystal Cathedral, "which is as transparent and empty as it's positive thinking founder the Rev. Robert Schuller." 
I also once knew a Lutheran minister who said one day someone called him to request a funeral.  He didn't recognize either the person he was talking to or the name of diseased so he asked "are you guys parishioners here?"  The person on the phone said "No, the Rev. Robert Schuller is my pastor." 

So this Lutheran minister said "If he is your pastor you should be talking to him not me!"

And he hung up. 

----

Yes, the story would have been better if it was a Catholic priest, but alas that would be a lie >.< 
Although not my cup o' tea architecturally, that purposed aquisition must be pissing off those Evangelicals.  ;D
It looks more like a Church than the Mahoney Borg Cube or even the disaster in Oakland.
It likely looks better than anything the Diocese of Orange would build.  At least it has an organ, and a nice one at that.
Looks like they could fit a lot of offices in there.
It looks like another Oakland to me.

Should be scraped completely, and a new Church built on the site.

But who am I ?
(07-10-2011, 02:56 AM)K3vinhood Wrote: It looks like another Oakland to me.

Should be scraped completely, and a new Church built on the site.

But who am I ?

K3vinhood
:rofl:

Someone shoulda had a V8...