Medjugorge: Why Do Trads Hate it?
I was just curious why traditional Catholics are so convinced that the alleged Marian apparitions at Medjugorge are a sham.  Other than Fatima I am not very big on private revelation and I really don't know anything about Medjugorge.  Is there anyone here that can offer a fair and balanced explanation?
This is a very thorough critique of Medjugorje.

http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/medjugorje.htm
(07-10-2011, 12:42 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: I was just curious why traditional Catholics are so convinced that the alleged Marian apparitions at Medjugorge are a sham.  Other than Fatima I am not very big on private revelation and I really don't know anything about Medjugorge.  Is there anyone here that can offer a fair and balanced explanation?

It is not approved by the Church.

It is dangerous and foolish to choose what one believes based on personal choice. The Church is there for a reason.

The local bishop has the authority to approve it or not, and he has not. It stands still. It is not approved.

So, theological arguments, witnesses, and personal accounts are not factors. It is not approved.

It is not a matter of personal choice. The choice was made by proper ecclesiastical authority.
This site lists quite a few doozies, but a couple heretical messages stood out to me.
Quote:D) Oct. 1, 1981: "All religions are equal before God," says the Virgin. (Chronological Corpus of Medjugorje, p. 317)

E) The Virgin: "I do not dispose of all graces...Jesus prefers that you address your petitions directly to him, rather than through an intermediary." (Chron. Corp. p.181, 277-278)
It's not approved by the Church.

It contains Heretical messages.

It's likely of the Devil.
When one of the seers was supposed to be in a trance before the Virgin, somebody made a motion with his hand towards her. She flinched. Afterwards, when asked about this, she obviously lied, saying, "Mary was holding the baby Jesus, and it looked like he was about to fall. That's why I flinched." Give me a break; what a sham. By the way, this was all caught on camera, and I have seen it recently. I think it was on YouTube.

Medjugorge is just a big tourism hoax to bring in money to the seers and the people behind it. It's a con.
(07-10-2011, 02:44 AM)charlesh Wrote: When one of the seers was supposed to be in a trance before the Virgin, somebody made a motion with his hand towards her. She flinched. Afterwards, when asked about this, she obviously lied, saying, "Mary was holding the baby Jesus, and it looked like he was about to fall. That's why I flinched." Give me a break; what a sham. By the way, this was all caught on camera, and I have seen it recently. I think it was on YouTube.

Yeah, that was another nail in the coffin:

The narrator has a strong resemblance to Sam Neil
The Michael Davies book with some official documents: http://www.mdaviesonmedj.com/
(07-10-2011, 02:44 AM)charlesh Wrote: When one of the seers was supposed to be in a trance before the Virgin, somebody made a motion with his hand towards her. She flinched. Afterwards, when asked about this, she obviously lied, saying, "Mary was holding the baby Jesus, and it looked like he was about to fall. That's why I flinched." Give me a break; what a sham. By the way, this was all caught on camera, and I have seen it recently. I think it was on YouTube.

Medjugorge is just a big tourism hoax to bring in money to the seers and the people behind it. It's a con.

I think someone stuck a hatpin into St Bernadette's hand, and she made no reaction.

Medjugorje is a false apparition, because of the heresy contained in it. If an apparition teaches heresy, then it's a false apparition. End of story. The Pope should pronounce the apparition false and send a team of exorcists to Medjugorje.

I think one of the reasons that the Church hasn't made a judgement on it is that the apparitions are still continuing to this day. The Church waits until the apparitions have stopped to make a judgement.