Medjugorge: Why Do Trads Hate it?
There is also the sexual misconduct of the priests most closely associated with the "apparitions".
If there was anything supernatural about Medjugorje, then it was in the beginning.  There did seem to be some genuine activity back then.

But that ship has sailed and it's all bullocks now.
(07-10-2011, 05:07 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: If there was anything supernatural about Medjugorje, then it was in the beginning.  There did seem to be some genuine activity back then.

I love the way some medj-heads refer to the seers (sic) as "children".  They were children when it started. Now they're so old they have to dye their eyebrows  :laughing:
(07-10-2011, 05:07 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: If there was anything supernatural about Medjugorje, then it was in the beginning.  There did seem to be some genuine activity back then.

Yes, there was a interview out there somewhere with Bishop Williamson, and I believe even he said the apparitions in 1981 COULD be authentic... I wish I could find it, but i cant!@!!
I've been to Medj  :tomatoes: and although it is a quaint little town, the apparitions are pure bull, for reasons stated earlier in this thread, such as "Mary's" heretical messages. Pure bull.

And all people like to do is tell me that all the conversions and what have you are a sign that it's true and good.
Well guess what, that has nothing to do with the apparitions themselves. You could put the same people, with the same solid Faith, with the same fervor, with the same amount of confessions, and rosaries said, into the 7th circle of hell and it's still going to bear fruit. It's the prayers and the Faith of those who go that bears the fruit, not the apparitions.

It's all hooey crap. Go to Fatima instead.
(07-10-2011, 06:12 AM)MichaelNZ Wrote: I think one of the reasons that the Church hasn't made a judgement on it is that the apparitions are still continuing to this day. The Church waits until the apparitions have stopped to make a judgement.

Actually, the Church has condemned it. It is for the local bishop to condemn or approve an apparition. Take Akita and Fatima as examples. In each case, the local bishop lead an investigation and with time he approved it. Same thing at Lourdes and everywhere else. Fatima is a little different because there was a message in there for the Pope and the Pope did his own investigating into the message, but the apparition itself was approved by the local bishop, not the pope. In the case of Medjugorje, the bishop has said there is nothing supernatural going on. That is a condemnation. Same thing at Garabandal. A lot of trads like that creepy apparition, but the local bishop said nothing supernatural is going on. It, too, is condemned.

I think what has to be determined at Medjugorje is whether it's a diabolical manifestation, or just a simple con game. I think it's just a hoax, but aren't there a lot of folks who claim to have seen the Miracle of the Sun there? If so, then it very well may be a diabolical manifestation. Somebody on this forum wrote about a family member who went to Medj. and came back absolutely fanatical and bonkers. That sure isn't a good fruit.
(07-10-2011, 09:30 PM)charlesh Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 06:12 AM)MichaelNZ Wrote: I think one of the reasons that the Church hasn't made a judgement on it is that the apparitions are still continuing to this day. The Church waits until the apparitions have stopped to make a judgement.

Actually, the Church has condemned it. It is for the local bishop to condemn or approve an apparition. Take Akita and Fatima as examples. In each case, the local bishop lead an investigation and with time he approved it. Same thing at Lourdes and everywhere else. Fatima is a little different because there was a message in there for the Pope and the Pope did his own investigating into the message, but the apparition itself was approved by the local bishop, not the pope. In the case of Medjugorje, the bishop has said there is nothing supernatural going on. That is a condemnation. Same thing at Garabandal. A lot of trads like that creepy apparition, but the local bishop said nothing supernatural is going on. It, too, is condemned.

I think what has to be determined at Medjugorje is whether it's a diabolical manifestation, or just a simple con game. I think it's just a hoax, but aren't there a lot of folks who claim to have seen the Miracle of the Sun there? If so, then it very well may be a diabolical manifestation. Somebody on this forum wrote about a family member who went to Medj. and came back absolutely fanatical and bonkers. That sure isn't a good fruit.

Many people claim to have seen the miracle of the sun there, but it's not happening. I practically went blind trying to see it, I'm sure some did. People are there because they're desperate to believe and will turn any normal event into a supernatural one.
When I was there, there was a lightning storm and people were claiming to "see Christ" in the lightning storm. Gimme a break, all I saw was lightning.
(07-10-2011, 11:54 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 09:30 PM)charlesh Wrote:

Many people claim to have seen the miracle of the sun there, but it's not happening. I practically went blind trying to see it, I'm sure some did. People are there because they're desperate to believe and will turn any normal event into a supernatural one.
When I was there, there was a lightning storm and people were claiming to "see Christ" in the lightning storm. Gimme a break, all I saw was lightning.

Although...not everyone present for the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima witnessed it either.  Although the vast majority did. 
(07-10-2011, 02:44 AM)charlesh Wrote: "Mary was holding the baby Jesus, and it looked like he was about to fall. That's why I flinched."

I'm more insulted that someone would ever dare say the Blessed Child was at risk of falling from the arms of Our Blessed Lady than I am at these con-artists trying to scam people.
(07-10-2011, 09:30 PM)charlesh Wrote: [quote='MichaelNZ' pid='815125' dateline='1310292722']
I think one of the reasons that the Church hasn't made a judgement on it is that the apparitions are still continuing to this day. The Church waits until the apparitions have stopped to make a judgement.
   ( Charlesh wrote:

Same thing at Garabandal. A lot of trads like that creepy apparition, but the local bishop said nothing supernatural is going on. It, too, is condemned.)

I don't know what to make of "creepy" but the statement re the local bishop needs an update. By following the link given you can read an interview with the bishop who served on the original commission and you will see that he is more than open minded with regard to the apparitions at Garabandal.
( See next post for link)