Where to live?
Chicago! They have St. John Cantius (daily with the hours too) and the Shrine of Christ the King and others! It's great. They are also in the process of a trad convent starting up! Its great!!!
(07-25-2011, 12:18 AM)Madeformv Wrote: Chicago! They have St. John Cantius (daily with the hours too) and the Shrine of Christ the King and others! It's great. They are also in the process of a trad convent starting up! Its great!!!

Chicago?  Does Illinois allow the carrying of handguns?
(07-25-2011, 12:44 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 12:18 AM)Madeformv Wrote: Chicago! They have St. John Cantius (daily with the hours too) and the Shrine of Christ the King and others! It's great. They are also in the process of a trad convent starting up! Its great!!!

It's 'no issue' (of concealed carry permits) state.

However, you might want to take a serious look at Kansas City. Both KS and MO are 'shall issue' states:

wikipedia Wrote:A Shall-Issue jurisdiction is one that requires a permit to carry a concealed handgun, but where the granting of such permits is subject only to meeting certain criteria laid out in the law; the granting authority has no discretion in the awarding of the permits. Such laws typically state that a granting authority shall issue a permit if the criteria are met, as opposed to laws in which the authority may issue a permit at their discretion.

There are to my knowledge three TLM parishes, SSPX, FSSP and ICK, a local brewery that makes some fine suds and an Irish bar with cheap drinks. I once noticed that they didn't have Bushmill's. I asked why and the response was, 'We don't sell protestant whiskey!' I asked if you had to be Irish to work ther and was told, 'No, but you by God better be Catholic.'
(07-25-2011, 02:30 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

However, you might want to take a serious look at Kansas City. Both KS and MO are 'shall issue' states:

wikipedia Wrote:A Shall-Issue jurisdiction is one that requires a permit to carry a concealed handgun, but where the granting of such permits is subject only to meeting certain criteria laid out in the law; the granting authority has no discretion in the awarding of the permits. Such laws typically state that a granting authority shall issue a permit if the criteria are met, as opposed to laws in which the authority may issue a permit at their discretion.

There are to my knowledge three TLM parishes, SSPX, FSSP and ICK, a local brewery that makes some fine suds and an Irish bar with cheap drinks. I once noticed that they didn't have Bushmill's. I asked why and the response was, 'We don't sell protestant whiskey!' I asked if you had to be Irish to work ther and was told, 'No, but you by God better be Catholic.'

Wonderful! :)

This candidate's looking pretty good.  Anyone care to top it?
St. Mary's Kansas was the most Trad filled place I've ever lived in (4 months)

I wouldn't want to live there long term though.  I lived in Bellevue just down the road.

There are enough nutty Trads that the town could have been named Kookville.

4 months was enough for me.
I dont know about making a living, but the eastern Sierra's in central california (Yosemite area) is hands down the most beautiful place I have ever been in.
(07-27-2011, 02:40 PM)ggreg Wrote: St. Mary's Kansas was the most Trad filled place I've ever lived in (4 months)

I wouldn't want to live there long term though.  I lived in Bellevue just down the road.

There are enough nutty Trads that the town could have been named Kookville.

4 months was enough for me.

Care to elaborate?
(07-25-2011, 01:43 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:

This candidate's looking pretty good.  Anyone care to top it?

DANG. I always think of that area as midwest whitebread protestantism... but DANG.
Lincoln, NE