Cardinal Zen celebrates surprise low mass at Old St Marys
Apparently Cardinal Zen was scheduled to say a NO in Chinese after his visit to the Shrine in D.C. He instead changed his plans and said pontifical low mass at Old St Mary's in Chinatown. He apparently did say a NO yesterday though. Not sure we multicultured and said Chinese.
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2011/07...ss-in.html
I'm sure the progressives will whine that nobody understands Latin and we dissed the Chinese by not saying a Chinese mass. :sobstory: Make popcorn and listen to the pouting.
Awesome. Good on him.
Is it just me or are all the awesome Cardinals in Asia? 
(07-10-2011, 11:36 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Is it just me or are all the awesome Cardinals in Asia? 

I agree.
(07-10-2011, 11:36 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Is it just me or are all the awesome Cardinals in Asia? 
Yea, so  is the chinese catholic church.
Just kidding

No, unless Cardinal Burke is visiting Asia right now.
If this was a pontifical low Mass, shouldn't he have been served by two chaplains who are at least deacons (in addition to two acolytes)? I served a pontifical low Mass for Bishop Rifan once as an acolyte, and I remember two deacons being at his side almost the whole time.

Any other liturgy nerds care to comment?
(07-11-2011, 11:11 AM)LRThunder Wrote:

No, unless Cardinal Burke is visiting Asia right now.

So negative... there's Cardinal Ranjith as well. 

I'm sure there are others.
There really should be more 'suprise' TLMs.