Were the Bourbon Kings really Catholic?
Getting back to France.  The French Kings practiced usury to a horrible scale and ended up bankrupting France and bringing on the revolution after the bread riots.  That alone makes me question the strength of their Faith.  The Sun King ran up huge debts with London banksters.
Some say the Deluge was a punishment from God.
And Sodom and Gomorrah's fates were also a punishment.
(07-11-2011, 01:26 AM)James02 Wrote: Getting back to France.  The French Kings practiced usury to a horrible scale and ended up bankrupting France and bringing on the revolution after the bread riots.  That alone makes me question the strength of their Faith.  The Sun King ran up huge debts with London banksters.

I don't doubt that Louis XVI was a good Catholic. Every Bourbon before him, though...... well, that's questionable. But it goes to show that Kennedy Catholics, or Pelosi Catholics, have been around for quite a while. Vatican II didn't invent them.
(07-11-2011, 01:37 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(07-11-2011, 01:26 AM)James02 Wrote: Getting back to France.  The French Kings practiced usury to a horrible scale and ended up bankrupting France and bringing on the revolution after the bread riots.  That alone makes me question the strength of their Faith.  The Sun King ran up huge debts with London banksters.

I don't doubt that Louis XVI was a good Catholic. Every Bourbon before him, though...... well, that's questionable. But it goes to show that Kennedy Catholics, or Pelosi Catholics, have been around for quite a while. Vatican II didn't invent them.
Al Capone was a Catholic also. Kinda in the same school of thinking as the Kennedys
France was pretty Rationalistic and Godless before the Revolution, at least the upper classes and bourgeois. It was after it that people began to believe again.
It's really not fair to compare John F. Kennedy to a Kennedy Catholic.  The man was deeply flawed and he lived he probably would have ended up with the rest of his family.  However, despite his claims that he would ignore the teachings of the church in his decision making he rarely did.  

Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, threatened to leave the country because Kennedy said the federal government should never under any circumstances give funding to birth control.  

Anyone that pissed off Sanger...gets some marks in my book.  
I'm just saying that wearing a crown and living before the Council doesn't automatically make one a defender of the faith. Some dynasties were Catholic because it was cultural, or politically expedient. You know, the whole "Paris is worth a Mass" thing. And some, like the Sun King, were defenders of the faith (arguably; I'm still not sure why declaring war against everyone else in Europe was a good idea) but had terrible personal lives.
certainly religion DID play a role with peopels loyalites during the masonic american revolt. look at the quebec act and why that fuelled the american outrage. further. when the yanks got up to quebec they assumed all the frenchies would open arms and revolt with them. the frenchies loyal catholics in no uncertain terms told the yanks to F off
look
u cant have a masonic revolt without religion playing into it.
it sure did. regardless of revisionist yank historians or current fishies who wont admit it
sip
They also had frequent fights with the Pope and a few bastard children as well.

Louis XVI comes across as a holy man.  However, according to Carroll, he refused to fight when he had the chance, thus leaving us the sad memorial of the Lion of Lucerne.  A very Catholic monument.