Were the Bourbon Kings really Catholic?
Wow
(07-11-2011, 01:26 AM)James02 Wrote: Getting back to France.  The French Kings practiced usury to a horrible scale and ended up bankrupting France and bringing on the revolution after the bread riots.  That alone makes me question the strength of their Faith.  The Sun King ran up huge debts with London banksters.

Yeah, that gets me back to the were they really Catholic question. Louis XIV felt so guilty about his policies that he revoked Nantes because of it. Like I said, if not for French Bourbons, the Catholics win the 1618-1648 war and history would be totally different.
(07-11-2011, 02:07 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: certainly religion DID play a role with peopels loyalites during the masonic american revolt. look at the quebec act and why that fuelled the american outrage. further. when the yanks got up to quebec they assumed all the frenchies would open arms and revolt with them. the frenchies loyal catholics in no uncertain terms told the yanks to F off
look
u cant have a masonic revolt without religion playing into it.
it sure did. regardless of revisionist yank historians or current fishies who wont admit it
sip

I agree with DK totally here. British/American Catholics liked the British Crown because it was percieved as tolerant towards Catholics as evidenced by the 1774 Quebec Act.
(07-11-2011, 01:45 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [quote='Augstine Baker' pid='816119' dateline='1310363109']
France was pretty Rationalistic and Godless before the Revolution, at least the upper classes and bourgeois. It was after it that people began to believe again.

Augustine makes a good point too, but I wonder how much of this was due to Calvinism and hence, more interest in money and power than Jesus Christ.
Yeah like DK says the British enacted the Quebec Act in 1774 because of growing unrest in the 13 colonies to secure the allegiance of the 70,000 French Canadians to the British crown.  No doubt this was one of the reasons my ancestors became United Empire Loyalists, who were living in upper New York state along the Mohawk River at the time.  The Quebec Act guaranteed free practice of the Catholic faith and allowed Catholics to hold office without renouncing their faith.
(07-11-2011, 01:26 AM)James02 Wrote: Getting back to France.  The French Kings practiced usury to a horrible scale and ended up bankrupting France and bringing on the revolution after the bread riots.  That alone makes me question the strength of their Faith.  The Sun King ran up huge debts with London banksters.

The cost of the war that king Louis XVI waged against England to help in the US's Independance was huge. Some historians compared it to that of WWII's US troops landing in Normandy.
The French Govt had to borrow huge amounts to back the war.
In the same time some harsh weather conditions brought crop failures and the wheat prices to skyrocket. Sad times fr France. The king had no other way but to increase taxes and duties that didn't prevent the bankrupt and the Revolution to burst.
In addition, wasn't the Revolution already unavoidable because the King Louis the XIVth didn't comply with the Heavens request for the kingdom to be consecrated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus transmitted through Sr Marguerite-Marie Alacoque?
(07-13-2011, 07:08 AM)maso Wrote: In addition, wasn't the Revolution already unavoidable because the King Louis the XIVth didn't comply with the Heavens request for the kingdom to be consecrated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus transmitted through Sr Marguerite-Marie Alacoque?

Yes, that's a fair observation.

The Revolution was a chastisement for France.
Not just for France. The maso if revolts ideology spread as a virus and disease throughout the world Italy, Germany, Mexico, a
Erica, Portugal, Spain, Russia,  te list is rather  kong
if ir stayed and was localized in France I csn see r as a chastiment forfrsnce bur clearly it's as and is much bigger
(07-13-2011, 10:07 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: te list is rather  kong
te list is rather  kong
list is rather  kong
is rather  kong
rather  kong
kong
(07-13-2011, 10:07 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Not just for France. The maso if revolts ideology spread as a virus and disease throughout the world Italy, Germany, Mexico, a
Erica, Portugal, Spain, Russia,  te list is rather  kong
if ir stayed and was localized in France I csn see r as a chastiment forfrsnce bur clearly it's as and is much bigger

Ok.

It was a chastisement first and foremost to France and then, through her, to other countries.
I know that. But if IRS bwxssue the French king didn't co secrate his nation as told why would it b slowed to spread?
I dunno I'm just tryin to figure ir out
sip
(07-13-2011, 10:23 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: I know that. But if IRS bwxssue the French king didn't co secrate his nation as told why would it b slowed to spread?
I dunno I'm just tryin to figure ir out
sip

We can only speculate.

Perhaps the revolutionaries in France would stay in the closet and slowly begin to disappear. Perhaps this would in turn discourage fellow revolutionaries elsewhere. Again, we can only speculate.