The founder of the SSPX
[Image: Archbishop%2BMarcel%2BLefebvre%2B%25286%2529.jpg]
His Excellency Marcel François Marie Joseph Lefebvre,  Archbishop of the titular see of Arcadiopolis in Europa

"Tradidi quod et accepi" - "I have handed down what I have received"

"There are the facts upon which, I think, we can lean. We place ourselves in God's providence. We are convinced that God knows what He is doing. Cardinal Gagnon visited us twelve years after the suspension: after twelve years of being spoken of as outside of the communion of Rome, as rebels and dissenters against the Pope, his visit took place. He himself recognized that what we have been doing is just what is necessary for the reconstruction of the Church. The Cardinal even assisted pontifically at the Mass which I celebrated on December 8, 1987, for the renewal of the promises of our seminarians. I was supposedly suspended and, yet, after twelve years, I was practically given a clean slate. They said we have done well. Thus we did well to resist! I am convinced that we are in the same circumstances today. We are performing an act which apparently... and unfortunately the media will not assist us in the good sense. The headlines will, of course, be "Schism", "Excommunication!" as much as they want to - and, yet, we are convinced that all these accusations of which we are the object, all penalties of which we are the object, are null, absolutely null and void, and of which we will take no account. Just as I took no account of the suspension, and ended up by being congratulated by the Church and by Progressive Churchmen, so likewise in several years - I do not know how many, only the Good Lord knows how many years it will take for Tradition to find - its rights in Rome - we will be embraced by the Roman authorities, who will thank us for having maintained the Faith in our seminaries, in our families, in civil societies, in our countries, and in our monasteries and our religious houses, for the greater glory of God and the salvation of souls."

[Image: lefebvre.gif]

"What then shall the Catholic do if some portion of the Church detaches itself from communion of the universal Faith? What other choice can he make –  and if some new contagion attempts to poison, no longer a small part of the Church, but the whole Church at once, then his great concern will be to attach himself to antiquity (Tradition) which can no longer be led astray by any lying novelty." – St. Vincent de Lerins
Let us pray for his canonization.
:pray: :pray2:
:pray: :pray:
:pray:
Ad majorem Dei gloriam
This is a real Santo Subito!!!

(07-12-2011, 02:05 PM)Petertherock Wrote: This is a real Sancto Subito!!!

I'm not a supporter of any Santo Subitos. The investigations necessary for canonization should be rigorous and take many years.
(07-12-2011, 02:25 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:

I'm not a supporter of any Santo Subitos. The investigations necessary for canonization should be rigorous and take many years.

True...but in ABL case...it's already been enough years...
(07-12-2011, 02:27 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(07-12-2011, 02:25 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:

True...but in ABL case...it's already been enough years...

Hardly. The investigative process hasn't even begun yet.