Corned beef hash . . .
I don't care for the canned stuff. It's too greasy, though my family likes it. I make my own--post St. Patricks day "bubble and squeak" (aka corned beef hash). Better.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(10-07-2011, 05:20 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: I don't care for the canned stuff. It's too greasy, though my family likes it. I make my own--post St. Patricks day "bubble and squeak" (aka corned beef hash). Better.

What is this "too greasy" you speak of?  Sounds modernist.
(10-07-2011, 12:21 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 12:08 AM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(10-06-2011, 10:42 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(10-06-2011, 10:39 PM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote: I love to make my own CBH with par boiled spuds and onion.  It's the bomb with Palm brand CB from New Zealand which has huge chunks of beef.   Food!

Most of the other brands of canned CB like Libby's & Hormel come from Argentina and it's all ground up like mush. 

[Image: palmcb.jpg]

Actually Zenu, a Colombian company, makes the best corned beef hash.

[Image: zenu.png]

My wife saw that Zenu logo looking over my shoulder and shouted "Zenu!  Zenu is delicious!"
Isn't that Tom Cruises' god or something like that?

No, The evil galactic emperor spells his name "Xenu."  LOL

[Image: Xenu_BBC_Panorama.jpg]
(07-14-2011, 05:14 PM)Deidre Wrote: Oh, yum! I love that stuff! I like to fry it 'til it's really crispy and eat it with a couple of over-medium eggs. I especially like those tiny little one-serving cans. Unfortunately, it wreaks havoc with my digestive system so I don't get to eat it nearly as often as I'd like- and never without paying for it. :/

You've got that right, Deidre.  I love to dump the can in the skillet and mash it out into a big patty and cook it 'til it's golden brown and crispy!  My egg choice is over-easy, though...  Tip o' the hat
(10-07-2011, 05:20 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: I don't care for the canned stuff. It's too greasy, though my family likes it. I make my own--post St. Patricks day "bubble and squeak" (aka corned beef hash). Better.

You're right, Jacafamala.  I really like the canned stuff, but homemade from leftover corned beef brisket with plenty of chunky potatoes and lots of coarsely-chopped onions is the best!!