Any positive news, news that makes one happy, content, makes one shout aloud
Does anyone have any good news out there, whether it be yourself, family, or your community? 
The end is near.
I just realized there are a bunch of section 8 families in my 'hood...And this ain't even Dallas!

Honestly, I was beginning to wonder.
(07-18-2011, 11:03 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: The end is near.

Nah, I think we still have a few hundred more years to go. 
Well, there goes the good news.... :fish:
Bishop Chaput may be named next Archbishop of Philadelphia. Not really my neighborhood but its positive.
Jesus Christ died for our sins and opened the Gates of Heaven.

That's really good news.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(07-19-2011, 12:05 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Jesus Christ died for our sins and opened the Gates of Heaven.

That's really good news.
Bro, that's not news.
Dude.
(07-19-2011, 12:05 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Jesus Christ died for our sins and opened the Gates of Heaven.

That's really good news.

THIS (yeah, I know, that's not "PC" for some fish eaters, but  :bronxcheer: to them  ;D )

Also ..

I'm employed.
The cows at the Joseph C. Knott Dairy Center at Washington State University are doing well and continuting to support themselves (and myself) without tax payer assistance.

The above is partially related to the WSU Creamery continuing to manufacture and successfully market totally awsome cheese and ice cream from the aformentioned cows.

Do visit http://public.wsu.edu/creamery/ if you would like to participate in this totally awsome experience (and savor world class cheese in the process).

My pastor (Sacred Heart, Pullman, WA, Diocese of Spokane), while using exclusively the 1969 missal, also uses exclusively Eucharistic Prayer I (the Roman Canon) and has replaced the glass and pottery altar ware with precious metal vessels.  He also has a Holy Hour with Eucharistic Adoration, Vespers, and Benediction every Thursday evening.

Though the interminable wars and the budget deficiet we (in the U.S.) are experiencing are indeed serious issues and seemingly without resolution (for some, at the moment), I have no doubt that with prayer and (imperfict as it is) human resolve things will work out.  Doubt me  ???  Read some history.  For starters I perhaps would recommend Basilica: The Splendor and the Scandal: Building St. Peter's http://www.amazon.com/Basilica-Splendor-...0670037761.  It is indeed amazing the place ever got built, but with God ALL things are possible.  It was true then, it is true now.

My 89 year old mother (to be 90 next February) is still of sound mind and body.  She lives alone at our family farm and still drives (as well as still making her First Fridays).  I will visit her this week (on my days off, it is a 116 mile drive) and she is still planning on driving up to visit me this fall to attend a dinner function at my parish, and next spring (when she will be 90) for WSU's mom's weekend (she never missed when I was an undergrad).  She does benefit from Franklin Roosevelt's Social Security and Lyndon Johnson's Medicarenso for those who don't approve of those programs  :fish:

Many parts of the country (U.S.) that were Catholicized by Irish and Italian immigrants are being Re-Catholicized by immigrants from south for our boarders.  For those who don't like that  :fish:
I'm finally re-locating 6000km from this stupid, wet, dreary, overrated, pretentious, self righteous West Coast to the East Coast. I've been trying to get out of here for 30 years; God has made me suffer but is finally freeing me from the shackles of living on the West Coast.

And THAT makes me super happy.