3 Natures in Christ
(08-03-2011, 11:38 PM)Walty Wrote: I was just reading some St. Gregory of Nazianzen and he said what I am saying.  I'll find the quote and put it up tomorrow.

Leave it to the cappadocian Fathers to speak for us.
(08-03-2011, 11:28 PM)Gregory I Wrote: YEP. Doce got something right *condescendingly.*

;D

Joke.

Anyway, my point is that all existence is from God, but is not like we are being eternally poured forth from the divine being at every second. We are not like the holy spirit, proceeding from the father and the son.

In him we live, move and have our being. IN him, not eternally being poured out from him.

This.
After doing some reading I think it is worthy to point out that Thomas actually says there is only one substance in man.  The soul is a substance, but an incomplete one and only finds its completion in a unity with the human body. 

Also, I have found where St. Thomas speaks on this matter and I stand corrected.

ST I, 90, i Wrote:...it is evidently false that the soul is of the substance of God.
(08-04-2011, 01:44 AM)Walty Wrote: After doing some reading I think it is worthy to point out that Thomas actually says there is only one substance in man.  The soul is a substance, but an incomplete one and only finds its completion in a unity with the human body. 

Also, I have found where St. Thomas speaks on this matter and I stand corrected.

ST I, 90, i Wrote:...it is evidently false that the soul is of the substance of God.

Bravo, Walty!
I admire your willingness to receive correction...

That is a hallmark of wisdom, and you have surpassed me.  ;D
Now if we can just get Melkite to see the error of Molinism we'll all be able to finally relax.  :laughing:
(08-04-2011, 02:07 AM)Walty Wrote: Now if we can just get Melkite to see the error of Molinism we'll all be able to finally relax.   :laughing:

Basically, what exactly are the errors of Molinism?
(08-04-2011, 02:12 AM)wulfrano Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 02:07 AM)Walty Wrote: Now if we can just get Melkite to see the error of Molinism we'll all be able to finally relax.   :laughing:

I thought you had been arguing against Molinism on the other thread.
(08-04-2011, 02:18 AM)Walty Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 02:12 AM)wulfrano Wrote:

I thought you had been arguing against Molinism on the other thread.

I think Molinism has its merits.