Can we extricate ourselves from Molinism?
I have to say, this bears a lot of similarities to the age old argument between nondenominationalists between "Calvinism" and "Arminianism".  As a nondenom, I was arminian in the extreme, even shifting towards deism in between protestantism and my conversion experience.

Now I am less free will obsessed, but still tentatively a "Molinist".  However, I do not think belief in one or the other school will "send anyone to hell", e.g., for most I doubt it is sinful.  I cannot say the same for "hyper" or "fivepoint" Calvinism, which I remain convinced is a lie from the pit of Hell, at least insofar as it is believed by the more Church-hating of its proponents. 

I'm kind of curious as to the level of condemnation in the Church for "arminianism" and how is compares to Molinism, since I couldn't find it succintly on the interwebs.

Trying not to hijack the thread though.  I have to say, hopefully Catholics who get right with god through the grace of regular sacramental worship will laugh about our disagreements on this stuff in the beatific Presence.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Can we extricate ourselves from Molinism? - by Norbert - 07-26-2011, 02:07 AM