Can we extricate ourselves from Molinism?
(07-30-2011, 09:03 PM)Walty Wrote: Collectively, the Fathers follow Augustine and the thought of Thomas more than something at variance with it.

Also, the Patristics only have so much weight.  The authority that you give them seems almost more of an Orthodox approach than a Catholic one.  Not to mention the fact that you ignore Fathers who disagree with your point.

That's not something I know off the top of my head, I would have to research it, but if I found you to be correct that the greater portion of Fathers agreed with Augustine and Aquinas, then I would have to revise what I believe aobut their theology.  If what you say is true, then it is Augustinian theology that has always been held everywhere, and St. John Chrysostom, St. Basil the Great, St. John of Damascus, etc., who were wrong on this point.  I don't ignore the Fathers who agree with St. Augustine, it's just that thus far I have not seen them to be a majority.  But I realize that, objectively, that may be nothing more than I have not seen them.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Can we extricate ourselves from Molinism? - by Melkite - 07-30-2011, 09:18 PM