Can we extricate ourselves from Molinism?
(08-03-2011, 01:54 AM)Gregory I Wrote: There is no natural innocence Doce, correct. Those conceived in this world are all guilty of original sin which deprives us of heaven, and sends us to hell. We have all lost the original holiness and justice in Adam.

AFTER BAPTISM...whole other story.

And of COURSE the BVM and Jesus Christ being the known exceptions.

However, my point in all of this is that MAN CANNOT INITIATE A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. And in fact, man can never WILL to initiate a relationship with God. Man does not have the power of intiation, nor does he seek after God in his fallen nature. Therefore, those who are NOT called to salvation are not sitting around going "Oh, man! I wanted to be saved too, but I guess I can't be. Shucks!!!"

They have received what they sought after: Vanity and death. Therefore, it is fitting and just that Hell is their just reward, for they have never turned toward God nor sought after him. THey have only lived for themselves and abide under his wrath, as St.Paul says IN THE BIBLE.

But when God CALLS a man to himself, he strikes the heart of the man with grace; and this grace is delightful man, and he sees it as his highest good, and he wills to turn away from sin, and to follow after god, and to seek to be in the glorious beauty and presence of his being. He seeks, and he longs, and he aches; for he is called, and his will cannot help but respond. Who can resist what  the will sees as the highest good? Not that man is not free; man COULD resist intrinsically. But he will not. He does not IN FACT. THe grace of God is infallible in its effect; for it is the will of God. And who can stand against his will?

I think I know what you are trying to say in your last paragraph and I agree.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Can we extricate ourselves from Molinism? - by wulfrano - 08-03-2011, 03:09 AM