Can we extricate ourselves from Molinism?
(08-05-2011, 08:39 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(08-05-2011, 08:34 PM)Silouan Wrote:
(08-05-2011, 05:30 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(08-05-2011, 05:14 PM)Melkite Wrote: So then, is seeing the face of God literally seeing the face of God, or is it metaphoric for comprehending God in some sense that we are incapable of comprehending now?  

It is literally seeing the face of God.

Quote:In the east, we have theosis, of which I'm sure you're aware, but that isn't a constant, it's ever increasing.  Is the beatific vision gaining greater clarity of God?  

Good question. The clarity does not increase, as far as I know; it is perfect upon being in His presence and seeing God.

Quote:And is there any sesne in the beatific vision of a divine essence that is eternally unknowable?

I think that the unknowable truths are revealed to us upon receiving the Beatific Vision. I don't think there are any truths that yet evade our understanding. The only reason we do not understand now is because our intellects have been darkened by the stain of original sin.

That's interesting.  :hmmm:

Melkite has said:  "So then, is seeing the face of God (1) literally seeing the face of God, or is it (2) metaphoric for comprehending God in some sense that we are incapable of comprehending now?"

Silouan:  Go for No. (2).

"Seeing the face of God" just like the "hand of God" sounds metaphorical to me. I was speaking more of the idea of there not being more clarity or more understanding after the point of receiving the beatific vision. I may be misunderstanding though as I am not very familiar with the concept of beatific vision.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Can we extricate ourselves from Molinism? - by Silouan - 08-05-2011, 08:47 PM