Can we extricate ourselves from Molinism?
(08-08-2011, 08:16 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(08-08-2011, 07:26 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(08-08-2011, 05:09 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 02:14 PM)Gregory I Wrote: GO ahead with your questions INPEFSS. The more, the merrier.

Thank you.

It seems that each non-Molinist here is presenting a different understanding of this Augustinian/Thomistic teaching. I have been trying to assimilate and reconcile these various different perspectives in my posts, but it seems that each non-Molinist disagrees on a particular aspect of prevenient grace.

So, in order to understand the way you understand the teaching, please state whether you agree or disagree with these statements (qualify them if necessary to appropriately answer them):

ON THE WILL OF GOD

1. "All of the elect are conditionally elected to salvation (and all of the reprobate are conditionally selected for damnation)."

2. "All of the elect are unconditionally elected to salvation (and all of the reprobate are conditionally selected for damnation)."

3. "Some of the elect are conditionally elected to salvation (and all of the reprobate are conditionally selected for damnation)."

4. "Some of the elect are unconditionally elected to salvation (and all of the reprobate are conditionally selected for damnation)."

ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE WILL OF GOD AND FREE WILL

5. "God's will is NOT the secondary (co-operative) cause of a soul's salvation; rather, God's will is the primary (instrumental) cause of a soul's salvation."

6. "God's will is NOT the secondary (co-operative) cause of a soul's damnation; rather, God's will is the primary (instrumental) cause of a soul's damnation."

7. "Free will is NOT the primary (instrumental) cause of a soul's salvation; rather, free will is the secondary (co-operative) cause of a soul's salvation."

8. "Free will is NOT the primary (instrumental) cause of a soul's damnation; rather, free will is the secondary (co-operative) cause of a soul's damnation." 

ON SUFFICIENT AND EFFICACIOUS GRACE

9. "All receive sufficient grace; only some receive efficacious grace."

10. "Only those who are to receive efficacious grace receive sufficient grace."

11. "All are offered sufficient grace; only some receive sufficient grace."

12. "Only some are offered sufficient grace; only some receive sufficient grace."

Thank you (in advance) for responding to these. I think it will help me understand your approach.

Just pray and hope for the best regarding the fate of your soul.

I will and do, thank you.

Thank you, dear brother and friend in Christ.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Can we extricate ourselves from Molinism? - by wulfrano - 08-08-2011, 08:32 PM