The worst
(07-21-2011, 03:41 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: Once I ordered steak tartar without knowing what it was. That was a mistake.

Then you ordered it at the wrong place.

It is a specialty of Ethiopian cuisine....and absolutely delicious.....raw
(07-20-2011, 05:26 AM)Cassius_Longinus Wrote: MmmmmMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm

Food.

This
(07-19-2011, 09:22 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Tapioca.  Brussels sprouts.  Lima beans.  Boiled corned beef and cabbage.  Cream of wheat. Head cheese. Clamato.  Tofu.

For some reason, I have had a running list of the Food Hall of Shame in my head today.  Couldn't eat any of the above with a gun to my head.

I could so prove you wrong on the corned beef, but you must bake it after you boil it. And spread a mustard and apricot jelly mixture over top.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(07-21-2011, 06:19 AM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: Chocolate on chicken sounds horrid.  I forgot to mention my hatred of chocolate.  :p

Surely you jest.  :)
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(08-10-2011, 05:49 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 05:26 AM)Cassius_Longinus Wrote: MmmmmMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm

Food.

This

Bingo
Middle Eastern style burrito = yogurt sauce. Eww.....yogurt does not go well with chicken.
(08-10-2011, 09:34 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote: Middle Eastern style burrito = yogurt sauce. Eww.....yogurt does not go well with chicken.

Tandoori chicken has a yogurt marinade that  I find quite tasty...
(08-16-2011, 11:04 AM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 09:34 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote: Middle Eastern style burrito = yogurt sauce. Eww.....yogurt does not go well with chicken.

Tandoori chicken has a yogurt marinade that  I find quite tasty...

Exactly!  Yogurt goes *very well* with chicken.  It's in my marinades, and I also use it as a base for my Indian "butter chicken" -- that way it tastes just as good and creamy, with a lot less butter.

The problem, as I see it, is that you were eating a "Middle Eastern style burrito".  What's next, a Caribbean Jerk felafel?  Gross.
Maybe it was more of a "wrap."