The worst
(07-20-2011, 09:15 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Nobody's mentioned haggis? :puke:  I've actually never had it, but I can tell from reading about it, it would be on my "no" list.

Pho, the Viet Namese soup, is unutterably nasty.  Egg salad.  Miracle Whip.  Smoked salmon.

Also, once in Hawaii, I had these clear noodles....think "Gummi Worms" - blech. Anybody know what they are called?

I've had Haggis when I was in Scotland, but it has been 16 years so I don't remember what it tasted like.
(07-20-2011, 08:01 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: Oatmeal is good if you use whole milk.   Try using 2%, skim, or water and it becomes rather boring.

I would agree. I stopped eating oatmeal, as to do it right required to much effort.
cantaloupe, milk (though I like small amount of other dairy foods), lettuce, coffee(though I admit I love the smell), mustard
(07-20-2011, 01:27 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: People used to refer to me as a picky eater, but most of what has been posted here doesn't bother me.  Perhaps clamato (haven't had it), head cheese (not sure what it is), oysters (haven't had them), and miracle whip.

Brussels sprouts are alright, though I hear some people taste the bitterness in them much more than others.   Cottage cheese actually tastes pretty good if it's the right brand.  If not, it's bland.   Sour cream is excellent with strawberries.  Cream cheese makes a wonderful topping for pumpkin cake.   There's nothing better than deviled eggs (hard-boiled with the yolk made into a paste with other ingredients).   Broccoli is excellent with cheese melted over it, or even just some butter.   Best to cook it long enough so it's tender though.  Lima beans aren't great, but they're not bad - just rather flavorless.   Tapioca pudding is great!

Y'all a bunch of wimps!

Head cheese is brains, usually sheep brains.
(07-20-2011, 10:01 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: cantaloupe, milk (though I like small amount of other dairy foods), lettuce, coffee(though I admit I love the smell), mustard

Really! Is this an allergy thing?
Wow, really?  For some reason I thought head cheese was like, chunks of meat held together in gellatin to make it one big...loaf, or whatever.  Hmmmmm.
(07-20-2011, 10:03 PM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:01 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: cantaloupe, milk (though I like small amount of other dairy foods), lettuce, coffee(though I admit I love the smell), mustard

You mean all of it being an allergy or just the milk part?
(07-20-2011, 01:27 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: People used to refer to me as a picky eater, but most of what has been posted here doesn't bother me.  Perhaps clamato (haven't had it), head cheese (not sure what it is), oysters (haven't had them), and miracle whip.

Brussels sprouts are alright, though I hear some people taste the bitterness in them much more than others.   Cottage cheese actually tastes pretty good if it's the right brand.  If not, it's bland.   Sour cream is excellent with strawberries.  Cream cheese makes a wonderful topping for pumpkin cake.   There's nothing better than deviled eggs (hard-boiled with the yolk made into a paste with other ingredients).   Broccoli is excellent with cheese melted over it, or even just some butter.   Best to cook it long enough so it's tender though.  Lima beans aren't great, but they're not bad - just rather flavorless.   Tapioca pudding is great!

Y'all a bunch of wimps!

Broccoli is from the Devil, I know it, no matter how much you put cheese on it, it is the second most dangerous food after pretzels (but not nearly as delicious).
(07-20-2011, 10:04 PM)Cassius_Longinus Wrote: Wow, really?  For some reason I thought head cheese was like, chunks of meat held together in gellatin to make it one big...loaf, or whatever.  Hmmmmm.

It varies depending on the culture, but it is essentially the meat of the head of an animal. Wiki says that the brains, eyes and ears are sometimes removed. But the head cheese I have always seen had brains included.
(07-20-2011, 10:04 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:03 PM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote:

You mean all of it being an allergy or just the milk part?

All of it I guess, I have never heard somebody that hated all you listed. Granted cantaloupe isn't all that compared to honey dew or other melons, but for it to be in the "worst" category I just haven't seen somebody state that before. Nothing wrong, your "picky easting" is just different.