The worst
(07-20-2011, 10:17 PM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:04 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:03 PM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:01 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: cantaloupe, milk (though I like small amount of other dairy foods), lettuce, coffee(though I admit I love the smell), mustard

Really! Is this an allergy thing?
You mean all of it being an allergy or just the milk part?

All of it I guess, I have never heard somebody that hated all you listed. Granted cantaloupe isn't all that compared to honey dew or other melons, but for it to be in the "worst" category I just haven't seen somebody state that before. Nothing wrong, your "picky easting" is just different.
Since its the worst, I will narrow it down to what I hate the most. Milk and Mustard. I despise both of these. The others are just foods I don't really like the taste of. The only melon I really like is watermelon. Coffee just tastes burnt to me. Then again, I am a tea guru
(07-20-2011, 10:29 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:17 PM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:04 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:03 PM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:01 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: cantaloupe, milk (though I like small amount of other dairy foods), lettuce, coffee(though I admit I love the smell), mustard

Really! Is this an allergy thing?
You mean all of it being an allergy or just the milk part?

cool, I like tea as well and switch back forth.

All of it I guess, I have never heard somebody that hated all you listed. Granted cantaloupe isn't all that compared to honey dew or other melons, but for it to be in the "worst" category I just haven't seen somebody state that before. Nothing wrong, your "picky easting" is just different.
Since its the worst, I will narrow it down to what I hate the most. Milk and Mustard. I despise both of these. The others are just foods I don't really like the taste of. The only melon I really like is watermelon. Coffee just tastes burnt to me. Then again, I am a tea guru
(07-20-2011, 09:15 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Nobody's mentioned haggis? :puke:  I've actually never had it, but I can tell from reading about it, it would be on my "no" list.

Pho, the Viet Namese soup, is unutterably nasty.  Egg salad.  Miracle Whip.  Smoked salmon.

Also, once in Hawaii, I had these clear noodles....think "Gummi Worms" - blech. Anybody know what they are called?

Mung bean noodles match your description. I can take them or leave them.

Pho is awesome, but it may depend on what kind of meat is in it. You can get it with nasty meats like tripe and soft tendon, or normal meats like chicken breast. I choose chicken breast, and it's awesome.

Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip are from Hell. Likewise any kind of salad dressing and any kind of cheese -- especially cottage cheese!

Brussels sprouts rock -- one of my favorite vegetables. But okra is from Hell.      :laughing:
Anything served at Chick-Fil-A.  Barf.
Prime rib.  Bloody and nasty and yes, I've had it cooked perfectly and it's still nasty.  So don't you tell me.

Lobster.  It's like putting a giant red cockroach on a plate.  Gross.

Beef stew, especially after being in the fridge for a day or two.  Gah, it smells like dog food.

Cole slaw.  Runza, a peculiar little specialty found only in Nebraska thankfully.  That jello with shredded carrots in it.  Carrot cake.  Zucchini bread.  Diet Pepsi.  Ramen noodles.  Cottage cheese mixed with any fruit.  Coconut. 
(07-20-2011, 11:13 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Runza, a peculiar little specialty found only in Nebraska thankfully.

Ugh.  They have opened one of these abominations in my county.  Barfarama.
Yogurt -- I can't tell the difference between the smell of that and puke.  I was in line for a roller coaster once and thought I smelled vomit before realizing that another person in line was eating yogurt.  *shudders*  I can't even let it in the house, it's so vile.

Lettuce -- smells and tastes like mold and has a nasty texture

Head cheese -- just, ew

Haggis -- I've had it, it smells like canned dog food.  Having never eaten dog food, I can't say if it tastes the same or not but I would imagine it does.

Oysters and other shellfish (but not shrimp and crab and lobster)

Poultry -- so gross.  I'll only eat chicken if it's from chik-fil-a or this one resturant in northern California.  Turkey makes me feel ill and dizzy after.  So gross.
(07-21-2011, 12:04 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 11:13 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Runza, a peculiar little specialty found only in Nebraska thankfully.

Ugh.  They have opened one of these abominations in my county.  Barfarama.

Always on the cutting edge.  Heh.  :pointlaff:
(07-20-2011, 10:08 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 01:27 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: People used to refer to me as a picky eater, but most of what has been posted here doesn't bother me.  Perhaps clamato (haven't had it), head cheese (not sure what it is), oysters (haven't had them), and miracle whip.

Brussels sprouts are alright, though I hear some people taste the bitterness in them much more than others.   Cottage cheese actually tastes pretty good if it's the right brand.  If not, it's bland.   Sour cream is excellent with strawberries.  Cream cheese makes a wonderful topping for pumpkin cake.   There's nothing better than deviled eggs (hard-boiled with the yolk made into a paste with other ingredients).   Broccoli is excellent with cheese melted over it, or even just some butter.   Best to cook it long enough so it's tender though.  Lima beans aren't great, but they're not bad - just rather flavorless.   Tapioca pudding is great!

Y'all a bunch of wimps!

Broccoli is from the Devil, I know it, no matter how much you put cheese on it, it is the second most dangerous food after pretzels (but not nearly as delicious).

Didn't reagan or bush sr say anybody who brought broccoli into the white house would be convicted of treason, drawn and quartered?

We need a pope like that.  Except replace broccoli with heretics.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(07-21-2011, 12:08 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:08 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 01:27 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: People used to refer to me as a picky eater, but most of what has been posted here doesn't bother me.  Perhaps clamato (haven't had it), head cheese (not sure what it is), oysters (haven't had them), and miracle whip.

Brussels sprouts are alright, though I hear some people taste the bitterness in them much more than others.   Cottage cheese actually tastes pretty good if it's the right brand.  If not, it's bland.   Sour cream is excellent with strawberries.  Cream cheese makes a wonderful topping for pumpkin cake.   There's nothing better than deviled eggs (hard-boiled with the yolk made into a paste with other ingredients).   Broccoli is excellent with cheese melted over it, or even just some butter.   Best to cook it long enough so it's tender though.  Lima beans aren't great, but they're not bad - just rather flavorless.   Tapioca pudding is great!

Y'all a bunch of wimps!

Broccoli is from the Devil, I know it, no matter how much you put cheese on it, it is the second most dangerous food after pretzels (but not nearly as delicious).

Didn't reagan or bush sr say anybody who brought broccoli into the white house would be convicted of treason, drawn and quartered?

We need a pope like that.  Except replace broccoli with heretics.

it was the first Bush who had the aversion to broccoli.  The second Bush had trouble with pretzels.