The worst
(07-21-2011, 12:25 AM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 12:08 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:08 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 01:27 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: People used to refer to me as a picky eater, but most of what has been posted here doesn't bother me.  Perhaps clamato (haven't had it), head cheese (not sure what it is), oysters (haven't had them), and miracle whip.

Brussels sprouts are alright, though I hear some people taste the bitterness in them much more than others.   Cottage cheese actually tastes pretty good if it's the right brand.  If not, it's bland.   Sour cream is excellent with strawberries.  Cream cheese makes a wonderful topping for pumpkin cake.   There's nothing better than deviled eggs (hard-boiled with the yolk made into a paste with other ingredients).   Broccoli is excellent with cheese melted over it, or even just some butter.   Best to cook it long enough so it's tender though.  Lima beans aren't great, but they're not bad - just rather flavorless.   Tapioca pudding is great!

Y'all a bunch of wimps!

Broccoli is from the Devil, I know it, no matter how much you put cheese on it, it is the second most dangerous food after pretzels (but not nearly as delicious).

Didn't reagan or bush sr say anybody who brought broccoli into the white house would be convicted of treason, drawn and quartered?

We need a pope like that.  Except replace broccoli with heretics.

it was the first Bush who had the aversion to broccoli.  The second Bush had trouble with pretzels. 

So here's a dude that had problems with booze, coke and pretzels.

Wouldn't wanna be him!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(07-21-2011, 12:25 AM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 12:08 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:08 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 01:27 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: People used to refer to me as a picky eater, but most of what has been posted here doesn't bother me.  Perhaps clamato (haven't had it), head cheese (not sure what it is), oysters (haven't had them), and miracle whip.

Brussels sprouts are alright, though I hear some people taste the bitterness in them much more than others.   Cottage cheese actually tastes pretty good if it's the right brand.  If not, it's bland.   Sour cream is excellent with strawberries.  Cream cheese makes a wonderful topping for pumpkin cake.   There's nothing better than deviled eggs (hard-boiled with the yolk made into a paste with other ingredients).   Broccoli is excellent with cheese melted over it, or even just some butter.   Best to cook it long enough so it's tender though.  Lima beans aren't great, but they're not bad - just rather flavorless.   Tapioca pudding is great!

Y'all a bunch of wimps!

Broccoli is from the Devil, I know it, no matter how much you put cheese on it, it is the second most dangerous food after pretzels (but not nearly as delicious).

Didn't reagan or bush sr say anybody who brought broccoli into the white house would be convicted of treason, drawn and quartered?

We need a pope like that.  Except replace broccoli with heretics.

it was the first Bush who had the aversion to broccoli.  The second Bush had trouble with pretzels. 

Haha.  He almost choked on a pretzel while his dumb dog looked on and did nothing.  Stupid dog. :pointlaff:
This doesn't really count, because it's not a particular food, but...

Hometown Buffet

Ralph.  Literally.  Went there once in Indianapolis after the FSSP Mass at Holy Rosary, and by the time I got back to Bloomington I knew there was a problem.  I've heard from several people since then that they have had similar experiences with that restaurant.
I love to cook and I'd like to call myself a bit of an amateur "foodie" but I'm generally a very "unpicky" eater. However, there are a few things that make me launch into culinary fury.

White Castle burgers: Frankly, the preceding phrase is an oxymoron as these soggy, putrid little urinal cakes barely constitute food fit for human consumption ... much less true burgers. The ones I received were basted in grease, had gristly patties and tasted like they were cooked on a trash-can lid. I ordered one with bacon to see if such a venerable ingredient might take the edge off of one of these things. I was wrong.

Chicken with Mole Poblano: This is widely considered the national dish of Mexico. For those who aren't in the know vis-a-vis south-of-the-border culinary fare, "mole" is a Mexican sauce (with dozens of local variations) made from a bewildering long list of ingredients including numerous spices, herbs, various chili peppers and, typically, Mexican chocolate. Every variant I've tried tasted akin to chicken slathered in garlic, onions, chili peppers and Hershey's chocolate syrup. Perhaps I've had it ill-prepared, but chocolate and chicken is about as abominable a combination as one can get. What's next, Mexico? Goat on a banana split?

Pickled ginger (Gari): This is a Japanese concoction typically found as a condiment in sushi bars. It's antiseptic-like flavor is like stuffing your mouth with a wet, antibacterial hand wipe. Blech ...

That's all I can think of at the moment! I'm sure there's more ...
Chocolate on chicken sounds horrid.  I forgot to mention my hatred of chocolate.  :p
(07-20-2011, 09:15 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Nobody's mentioned haggis? :puke:  I've actually never had it, but I can tell from reading about it, it would be on my "no" list.

Haggis is really good. Why on earth would you put something on this list that you haven't tried?
This thread is fully of culinary calumny and I demand that it be locked.
I forgot to mention tomato soup. Ick. Nasty and pointless. I'd much rather eat a bowl of marinara (with polenta!).

But I actually like pickled ginger and those clear, chewy noodles. :) we call them "yam noodles" ( no idea if this is their real name or some sort of family invention), and my grandma (Japanese) says they're made from sugar beets...whatever those are.  :laughing:
(07-21-2011, 07:13 AM)Iolanthe Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 09:15 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Nobody's mentioned haggis? :puke:  I've actually never had it, but I can tell from reading about it, it would be on my "no" list.

Haggis is really good. Why on earth would you put something on this list that you haven't tried?

Reply #18 on page 2

THE WORST.  Will cause nausea without having to try it.
I was suspicious of haggis at first, too. More so when I saw it. It looks like it has maggots in it. But it's really good...and with a whisky sauce and neeps and tatties, it's delicious. It pays to be adventurous when trying new food.

Once I ordered steak tartar without knowing what it was. That was a mistake.