The worst
(07-21-2011, 09:29 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: I started this thread and I can't believe I forgot to list the most nausea-inducing, gorge-rising, gut-churning abomination that has ever been passed off as food in the dark annals of Man's inhumanity to Man.  The most revolting, repellent, disgusting filth, which I could not put in my mouth if I were within a whisker of starving to death.  Yes, the very thing compared to which cockroach heads stewed in kerosene would seem appealing. 

I refer, of course, to.......

Peeps.
http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

As Peeps are not actually food, I must protest their inclusion on this list...  ;D
(07-21-2011, 03:43 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 03:41 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: I was suspicious of haggis at first, too. More so when I saw it. It looks like it has maggots in it. But it's really good...and with a whisky sauce and neeps and tatties, it's delicious. It pays to be adventurous when trying new food.

Once I ordered steak tartar without knowing what it was. That was a mistake.

Shut up, just shut up.

You had me at whisky.

Well played.
Awww man, I love peeps.  My fav Easter candy.  Honest.  I look forward to them all year.  :)
(07-23-2011, 08:53 AM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: Awww man, I love peeps.  My fav Easter candy.  Honest.  I look forward to them all year.  :)

:pazzo:
Peeps are just wrong.  That said, I love lima beans. 
(07-21-2011, 08:51 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: [It's not the sweetness I dislike.  It's the chocolate.  I have a sweet-tooth as much as anyone, it's the chocolate flavor I hate.  I'd rather eat sugar by the spoonful than even smell chocolate.  Vile nasty stuff.  So bitter.  :(

I'm actually allergic to chocolate, we should trade places.  :laughing:

Anyway out of the semi-normal foods listed so far. I have never been able to touch Coleslaw, Sour Cream, or Tuna Fish they all look gross.  :puke:
Yogurt I liked as a kid, but threw up after it once, and now find it horrid.
Also, I think Bologna is disgusting.
Ketchup on french fries or hot dogs is a disgrace (Mustard and Honey Mustard are so much better)
Beans I also can't stand.

Also anything cooked or even re-heated in a microwave (besides popcorn) I can't do. Id rather eat the food freezing cold then microwave it. Soggy and Gross, Yuck.

Ok, that was enough ranting and being picky for one post.
I'm with you on microwaves.  The one in our apartment is the world's largest kitchen timer.  But hey, it comes with the apartment.  It's one of those horrible over the stove ones that short people like me come to hate.  I burned myself just trying to heat water in the one I had in my last apartment, so I've never used this one.
I wouldn't be able to cook without a microwave, I'd starve to death.  You people are odd.
Wow, so if you were born 100 years ago, you'da died?

And like, you haven't found a woman to cook for you yet?  ;D :laughing:
(07-24-2011, 05:51 AM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: I burned myself just trying to heat water in the one I had in my last apartment, so I've never used this one.

I'm suspicious of boiling water in the microwave. :tinfoilhat: It barely even steams. And I read a scary article once that if the inside surface of the mug is too smooth the pressure from the heat can build up and explode boiling water all over you. Kettles FTW.