The worst
Cilantro. Tastes like soap.

Lima beans. Flavorless and powdery.

Hazelnuts. People like to put them in chocolate, coffee, and anything else that is good and wholesome and pure, and it always ruins the flavor.

Cottage cheese. Just plain don't like the flavor or texture.

Coconut. 'Nuff said.
(08-08-2011, 06:59 PM)Balderdash Wrote: Cilantro. Tastes like soap.

Lima beans. Flavorless and powdery.

Hazelnuts. People like to put them in chocolate, coffee, and anything else that is good and wholesome and pure, and it always ruins the flavor.

Cottage cheese. Just plain don't like the flavor or texture.

Coconut. 'Nuff said.

To 20% of the population, cilantro does taste like soap.  You are lacking the enzyme to properly taste it.  You have my pity, because it's DELICIOUS.

Lima beans are pretty neutral.  I like them covered in an onion cream sauce.

I think you are confusing real hazelnuts with artificial hazelnut flavor.  Real hazelnuts are wonderful.  Artificial hazelnut flavor tastes like scratch and sniff buttered popcorn.  It's horrible.

Cottage cheese isn't everyone's bag.  Depends on the brand, big time.  Even if you don't like it on it's own, it's awesome to cook with.

People who don't like coconut usually equate it with the dried, sweetened coconut that comes in a plastic bag.  Actual fresh, young coconut is divine.  Mitchell's makes a young coconut ice cream that makes me swoon.
(08-09-2011, 12:22 PM)Paloma Wrote: To 20% of the population, cilantro does taste like soap.  You are lacking the enzyme to properly taste it.  You have my pity, because it's DELICIOUS.
Which is sad for me, because I really, really want to love Chipotle's food. Unfortunately they have a love affair with cilantro. Ack!
(07-19-2011, 09:22 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Tapioca.  Cream of wheat. Head cheese. Clamato.  Tofu.

You are correct.

Quote:Brussels sprouts.  Lima beans.  Boiled corned beef and cabbage.

I think you mistakenly included these here instead of in the list of greatest foods ever.
(08-09-2011, 01:37 PM)cgraye Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 09:22 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Tapioca.  Cream of wheat. Head cheese. Clamato.  Tofu.

You are correct.

I think you mistakenly included these here instead of in the list of greatest foods ever.

cgraye speaks for me.
(08-09-2011, 12:22 PM)Paloma Wrote: Cottage cheese isn't everyone's bag.  Depends on the brand, big time.  Even if you don't like it on it's own, it's awesome to cook with.

What do you make with cottage cheese?
(08-09-2011, 01:56 PM)piabee Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 12:22 PM)Paloma Wrote: Cottage cheese isn't everyone's bag.  Depends on the brand, big time.  Even if you don't like it on it's own, it's awesome to cook with.

Penicillin. 
(08-09-2011, 01:56 PM)piabee Wrote:

I make meatloaf with it.  Always.  I use the Knudsen recipe for meatloaf and it comes out great every time.

I also make lasagna with it.  I know, I know.  Blasphemy.  But it actually works really well in a pinch and I don't always have good ricotta on hand.  I don't like the Precious brand ricotta and that is the only one that regular grocery stores carry.

I also use it in a mixture with other cheeses when I make enchiladas.  Yes, I'm Mexican and no it's not authentic. LOL.  But it makes the enchiladas cheesy and fluffy on the inside without being flattened grease patties.  Once it melts, nobody knows there is cottage cheese in it. 
(08-09-2011, 01:37 PM)cgraye Wrote:

You are correct.

Little cabbage abortions?  You can actually eat those slimy little balls of nastiness?

I agree that cabbage in coleslaw and as sauerkraut is edible.
Brussels Sprouts are awesome.  You're just not doing it right.