Poll: Is recreational hunting immoral?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Recreational hunting
A lot depends on what you mean by "recreational". I voted yes, but to me recreational means you're doing it purely for entertainment -- and that's immoral. If you eat what you kill, that 's not recreational in my book, and there's nothing wrong with it. And I agree that a strict anti-hunting stance is hypocritical unless you're a vegetarian.
    I voted no, but I misunderstood and was thinking of eating what you kill.  To kill a elk, deer or whatever just for the horns is very wrong.  I've hunted all my life and look forward to hunting season all year long.  The meat is Hmm, Hmm good!  Although most vegetarians are homo's, I work with one guy who is a vegetarian and still cool with people hunting.  I could, but choose not too, tell him hunting stories for hours and he couldn't care less.  I don't mind vegies like him.     
Interesting, I didn't know most vegetarians are homos.  What is your source for that?
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
For those who voted no,I'm interested in how many of you kill animals for fun or for bits of their bodies or is this just an intellectual problem?
(07-21-2011, 08:21 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: As someone who hunts the idea of trophy hunting makes me rage. Making an animal suffer or die for the food,and not entirely necessary food at that, is bad enough for me.I'm no tree hugger (though I love trees) but talking an animals life for fun is f-ed up.

Hunting humanely for the purposes of managing populations is an entirely different matter.

I know seasoned hunters who,at times just can't the shot because the animal has impressed them too much and when they do make a kill all good hunters have a tiny pang of regret.

I'm too lazy to go back and check, but are you the guy who posted a vid dressed up in hunting gear and holding a cross-bow  :laughing:?
(07-21-2011, 09:17 AM)Aragon Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 08:21 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: As someone who hunts the idea of trophy hunting makes me rage. Making an animal suffer or die for the food,and not entirely necessary food at that, is bad enough for me.I'm no tree hugger (though I love trees) but talking an animals life for fun is f-ed up.

Hunting humanely for the purposes of managing populations is an entirely different matter.

I know seasoned hunters who,at times just can't the shot because the animal has impressed them too much and when they do make a kill all good hunters have a tiny pang of regret.

I'm too lazy to go back and check, but are you the guy who posted a vid dressed up in hunting gear and holding a cross-bow  :laughing:?

Yep.   ;)  (compound Bow)

It must be said,hunting for the dinner table is lots of fun and a great day out but I'm not overly joyed about the loss of a fine animal.If  the day arrives where hunting becomes a survival necessity those feelings will quickly evaporate.
(07-21-2011, 07:37 AM)Aragon Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 11:42 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Deer are tiny compared to moose. Try living in Newfoundland where moose were introduced a century ago with no natural predators on the Rock. They average one to two moose/auto collisions a day with injuries in almost all of them and death in more cases than I like to think about. Besides, if you're going to eat what you kill, I think it's a lot more moral than the factory-farming that raises the animals that the non-vegetarian anti-hunters are buying in the grocery store. I can respect a vegetarian anti-hunter. Anti-hunters that eat meat are hypocrotical arseholes!

Maybe I should have clarified. By "recreational hunting" I mean hunting purely for a sport. If the animal is being culled or is later eaten then that would not fall under "recreational" for the purpose of this question.

Well, in that case, can I take back my vote of "no"? Killing because one likes to kill is disordered.

I have always eaten what I have hunted.
Real men hunt. Leave all the whining to liberals, eco-socalists and homos.

Enough said.
(07-20-2011, 11:36 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: I used to care about the poor little animals and thought that hunting was cruel.

Then I moved to a very liberal area that actually had a ban on hunting.

Well, let me tell you....those deer will kill you and everyone that you love if you don't kill them first.  I am not kidding those deer were all over the place...always jumping in front of cars (especially MY CAR!). 

So...without hunting...the deer will take over. 

It's us or them. 

Really....

Sounds like you moved to Jersey.  They're everywhere... into gardens and being in  general  a nuisance. Not allowed to shoot them AFAIK.  Everytime  I travel down there, deer corpses on major roads.
I think it is unnecessary. I try to live like Native Americans in only using or consuming based on need. Fun isn't a need, but a desire, and there are more appropriate and productive ways to have fun. I love animals and nature, and we have done a shitty job as stewards of both. Maybe people will give a damn when their oxygen supply runs out, fresh water must be manufactured, and the sun is so damaging to cells that one cannot venture outside.

Yes I am a tree hugger.