Poll: Is recreational hunting immoral?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Recreational hunting
(08-04-2011, 08:17 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 08:12 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 08:09 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 07:58 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: But there is life in them. If you want moving targets use plates.

Sounds pretty pantheistic to me. Yes, there is life but they have no immortal souls and they are given to us as food.

Thank you, Jovan.  I see nothing wrong at shooting at wild uneatable animals just for sport, fun, good social life, friendly hunters' talk, a good stiff drink for the best marksman, etc.

Well I do. It is disturbing the mind that enjoys killing for killings sake.

Ignore any heathen concepts:

Buy the DVD "The Deer Hunter" with Robert de Niro and the first part shows what hunting is all about.  It's about friends,and social life, and good comradery, and toasting good marksmanship, etc.
(08-04-2011, 08:26 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 08:13 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 07:58 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: But there is life in them. If you want moving targets use plates.

Sounds pretty pantheistic to me. Yes, there is life but they have no immortal souls and they are given to us as food.

They are given to us as food not some object to be destroyed for the sake of destruction. I love meat. Kill all the animals and plants you want to feed, cloth and heat yourselves and families. But, do NOT chop trees down, kill animals or destroy the environment because of greed or vainglory. We must remember the next generation, and be good stewards for the planet and environment, creating sustainable economies that use full cycle production and waste.

OK, UnamSanctam.  We'll just stay home with the ladies and do our knitting too.

Lol. If you want to feel manly just go and walk on hot coals, shoot bottles with a bb gun, or see who can throw the biggest rocks the farthest. Good old fashioned Alberta fun.
(08-05-2011, 01:50 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 08:26 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 08:13 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:

They are given to us as food not some object to be destroyed for the sake of destruction. I love meat. Kill all the animals and plants you want to feed, cloth and heat yourselves and families. But, do NOT chop trees down, kill animals or destroy the environment because of greed or vainglory. We must remember the next generation, and be good stewards for the planet and environment, creating sustainable economies that use full cycle production and waste.

OK, UnamSanctam.  We'll just stay home with the ladies and do our knitting too.

Lol. If you want to feel manly just go and walk on hot coals, shoot bottles with a bb gun, or see who can throw the biggest rocks the farthest. Good old fashioned Alberta fun.

Boy!  How much are the animal protection government agencies paying you?
(08-04-2011, 08:29 PM)wulfrano Wrote:

Thank you, Jovan.  I see nothing wrong at shooting at wild uneatable animals just for sport, fun, good social life, friendly hunters' talk, a good stiff drink for the best marksman, etc.

Buy the DVD "The Deer Hunter" with Robert de Niro and the first part shows what hunting is all about.  It's about friends,and social life, and good comradery, and toasting good marksmanship, etc.

You're the last person in the world that I would have guessed liked The Deer Hunter...
(08-05-2011, 04:29 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 08:29 PM)wulfrano Wrote:

You're the last person in the world that I would have guessed liked The Deer Hunter...

Dear Someone.  Thank you for the video clip "The Elk".  The first part is what I'm talking about.  The excitement, the companionship, the marksmanship...  Wow!  ....and then you spoil it all with some animistic bullcrap.

Dear Someone:  "The Deer Hunter" has two parts.  The first part is beautiful.  You have friendship, love, honest work, honest recreation, religious schismatic worship, exciting hunting trip... wow!  That is the only part I watch.  The second part is pure inhuman asiatic brutality.  I always stop, cut and eject in my DVD AS SOON AS THIS SECOND PART BEGINS with the russian roulette psycho-suicidal-game.