The Fall of Father Corapi by Christopher A. Ferrara
Gerard thanks for the MASSIVE poster....wow...you couldve compressed it...it nearly crashed my crappy system. BTW Black Dog is simply grabbing the easiest LEAST contoversial topic. Like the guy at karaoke singing sweet caroline. I was hoping for Chesterton or Belloc type stuff. Or even Malichi Martin. But I will listen to some excerpts...if he offers any free. If he doesnt then I rest my case about him.
(07-31-2011, 02:26 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Gerard thanks for the MASSIVE poster....wow...you couldve compressed it...it nearly crashed my crappy system. BTW Black Dog is simply grabbing the easiest LEAST contoversial topic. Like the guy at karaoke singing sweet caroline. I was hoping for Chesterton or Belloc type stuff. Or even Malichi Martin. But I will listen to some excerpts...if he offers any free. If he doesnt then I rest my case about him.

Yes, I was hoping he would cover something on the evils of contraception and even the major problems with the NO Mass... Let us hope he covers that too, but I'm guessing he probably won't.
(07-31-2011, 02:36 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
(07-31-2011, 02:26 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Gerard thanks for the MASSIVE poster....wow...you couldve compressed it...it nearly crashed my crappy system. BTW Black Dog is simply grabbing the easiest LEAST contoversial topic. Like the guy at karaoke singing sweet caroline. I was hoping for Chesterton or Belloc type stuff. Or even Malichi Martin. But I will listen to some excerpts...if he offers any free. If he doesnt then I rest my case about him.

Yes, I was hoping he would cover something on the evils of contraception and even the major problems with the NO Mass... Let us hope he covers that too, but I'm guessing he probably won't.

Guessing he won't because why?
(07-31-2011, 02:59 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

I don't know.. you tell me!
(07-31-2011, 07:27 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
(07-31-2011, 02:59 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

I don't know.. you tell me!
look out another demoniac! :possess: :possess:
!
(07-31-2011, 12:06 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(07-31-2011, 11:56 AM)Adam Wayne Wrote: Well abortion certainly has been unleashed on us.

So you going to get in line on the eve of the Assumption to be the first in line at Best Buy?

Seriously, what can he possibly tell us about abortion that a) he hasn't already told us, admirably may I add, and b) we haven't already heard and know from our own thinking and that of others?

I think I could give these talks quite well myself.

How many people would show up to listen to you before you got arrested?

Gee, I don't know Augistine. Do you think someone has a warrent out on me?

Do you know something I don't? :laughing:

By the way, don't think it has gone unnoticed that this is a lame-o topic and you did not bother to address that observation of mine.

Your system issues are not my cross to bear.  You seem to have a habit of putting the burdens of your life as being the responsibility of others.  I have to be sensitive to your system needs, Corapi is not allowed to have anything that you can't afford etc.

You were "hoping" for Chesterton, Belloc or Malachi Martin but if you had gotten that, you would fault it for being a rehash of Chesterton, Belloc or Malachi Martin.  You, like Ferrara have a movable set of standards, and Corapi is forbidden from being within them. 

You want Chesterton?  This description aptly fits in with this argument. " I remember once arguing with an honest young atheist, who was very much shocked at my disputing some of the assumptions which were absolute sanctities to him (such as the quite unproved proposition of the independence of matter and the quite improbable proposition of its power to originate mind), and he at length fell back upon this question, which he delivered with an honourable heat of defiance and indignation: "Well, can you tell me any man of intellect, great in science or philosophy, who accepted the miraculous?" I said, "With pleasure. Descartes, Dr. Johnson, Newton, Faraday, Newman, Gladstone, Pasteur, Browning, Brunetiere - as many more as you please." To which that quite admirable and idealistic young man made this astonishing reply - "Oh, but of course they had to say that; they were Christians." First he challenged me to find a black swan, and then he ruled out all my swans because they were black. The fact that all these great intellects had come to the Christian view was somehow or other a proof either that they were not great intellects or that they had not really come to that view. The argument thus stood in a charmingly convenient form: "All men that count have come to my conclusion; for if they come to your conclusion they do not count."
(08-01-2011, 12:00 AM)Gerard Wrote:

Your system issues are not my cross to bear.  You seem to have a habit of putting the burdens of your life as being the responsibility of others.  I have to be sensitive to your system needs, Corapi is not allowed to have anything that you can't afford etc.

You were "hoping" for Chesterton, Belloc or Malachi Martin but if you had gotten that, you would fault it for being a rehash of Chesterton, Belloc or Malachi Martin.  You, like Ferrara have a movable set of standards, and Corapi is forbidden from being within them. 

You want Chesterton?  This description aptly fits in with this argument. " I remember once arguing with an honest young atheist, who was very much shocked at my disputing some of the assumptions which were absolute sanctities to him (such as the quite unproved proposition of the independence of matter and the quite improbable proposition of its power to originate mind), and he at length fell back upon this question, which he delivered with an honourable heat of defiance and indignation: "Well, can you tell me any man of intellect, great in science or philosophy, who accepted the miraculous?" I said, "With pleasure. Descartes, Dr. Johnson, Newton, Faraday, Newman, Gladstone, Pasteur, Browning, Brunetiere - as many more as you please." To which that quite admirable and idealistic young man made this astonishing reply - "Oh, but of course they had to say that; they were Christians." First he challenged me to find a black swan, and then he ruled out all my swans because they were black. The fact that all these great intellects had come to the Christian view was somehow or other a proof either that they were not great intellects or that they had not really come to that view. The argument thus stood in a charmingly convenient form: "All men that count have come to my conclusion; for if they come to your conclusion they do not count."
To which I justly accuse you as well now what?
You keep trying to take the high road on this... you've been no better then me in this debate...except in your pompous mind. And the thing about the uncompressed file was levity...something you threw away I guess being oh so serious.
A bishop who was friends with Chesterton once quipped that the only reason a priest ever gave up his vocation was for lucre,woman or Barnaby bailey or all three. When I get the time Ill relocate the quote.
(08-01-2011, 01:02 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: To which I justly accuse you as well now what? You keep trying to take the high road on this... you've been no better then me in this debate...except in your pompous mind. And the thing about the uncompressed file was levity...something you threw away I guess being oh so serious.
A bishop who was friends with Chesterton once quipped that the only reason a priest ever gave up his vocation was for lucre,woman or Barnaby bailey or all three. When I get the time Ill relocate the quote.

Chesterton and his bishop friend more than likely would have never seen this crisis we are in, extending so far into the Church.  Oh, and I would much prefer to be responsible for my own position on this thread in front of the judgment seat of God than try to face Him with your behavior towards Fr. Corapi. 
(08-01-2011, 08:09 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 01:02 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: To which I justly accuse you as well now what? You keep trying to take the high road on this... you've been no better then me in this debate...except in your pompous mind. And the thing about the uncompressed file was levity...something you threw away I guess being oh so serious.

Chesterton and his bishop friend more than likely would have never seen this crisis we are in, extending so far into the Church.  Oh, and I would much prefer to be responsible for my own position on this thread in front of the judgment seat of God than try to face Him with your behavior towards Fr. Corapi. 
another hypocritical judgment on your part....the hits just keep coming. ::)