The Fall of Father Corapi by Christopher A. Ferrara
(07-22-2011, 11:05 AM)Gerard Wrote: Can we we say, "Jealous of Fr. Corapi's celebrity?"  Envy is a deadly sin.

I am consistently stunned by the inconsistent thinking among trads.  Ferrara has a number of claims in his article that have not been proven.  They are not facts.  This is a hit piece of the worst order. 

Claim: Fr. Corapi was living with a prostitute. 

Fact:  SOLT makes a statement along those lines without any evidence.

Second, The hypocrisy is astounding. 

Ferrara a trad celebrity writer in his own fashion, not averse to hawking his own books in his articles, complains about celebrity.  Of course unless it's HIS chosen celebrity.  I seem to remember and could dig up a lot of "facts" that were really claims made against Fr. Gruner, whom Ferrara rightly defends at the drop of a hat.  And Fr. Gruner is a celebrity. Just of a smaller order than Fr. Corapi or Bishop Sheen.

"Heaven's Peace Plan" has a whole cadre of interviews with "celebrity trads" done in "television style."  But somehow that's justified compared to "EWTN’s cheesy imitation of a network news set."

Fr. Corapi's voice is  of course up for ridicule.  "watching Corapi deliver his message in an over-the-top basso profundo right out of central casting"  But Bishop Sheen was a good example?   Honestly, who is more over the top?  Bishop Sheen could border on hysterical and his swirling cape and wide swinging hand gestures, multiple cameras, walking across his set is somehow different?  C'mon.  Does Ferrara think we are stupid or is he just stupid? Or is it the fact that Corapi was more effective and more successful than any attempt however admirable by the people that Ferrara associates with in doing the exact same thing? 

But aside from that, the smear against Doug Keck is smarmy,  Keck in his conversion story mentioned that he'd worked for the Playboy channel and realized how bad it was.  And EWTN is ALOT more traditional looking with Keck compared to the total cheese factor in the earlier days of EWTN.

Mother Angelica was very charistmatic (in both senses of the word) And I don't even bother to watch any shows prior to her conversion back to the old, traditional-esque habits. But Mother Angelica isn't a "celebrity" because....why?

BTW, I don't have any problem with Bishop Sheen, or Papal regalia, or devotion to saintly priests while they are alive, like many pilgrims followed Archbishop LeFebvre, Padre Pio or St. Thomas Aquinas or Fr. Gruner. 
you are the undeniable king of credulity. Whats the man gotta do shoot a kitten in front of you? Ferrara is four times the catholic thinker as black dog (and I dont like ferraras political views but so what) Jealous? of what? What does mr corapi have that anyone would be jealous of?
Cutie has just published a book, 'Dilemma: A Priest's Struggle with Faith and Love'! (Also available in Spanish). :laughing:
(07-21-2011, 08:32 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: The only thing that surprised me about this article was that Ferrara didn't mention two other EWTN priests involved in scandals of different types, namely, Father Benedict Groeschel and Father Mitch Pacwa, both of whom have denied EENS, and Groeschel has put his own interpretation of what Purgatory is like.

I never knew Father Cutie was on EWTN Espanol before I read this article.

Fr. Pacwa has supported the Latin Mass. 

Fr. Groeschel... is another story.
Again, as usual Christopher Ferrara says it like it is.

(07-21-2011, 03:30 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: For example, a certain “anarcho-capitalist traditionalist”—only in America!—whose views I have contested has defended his position by cloaking himself in EWTN’s mantle of respectability while demonizing me for “attacking EWTN.” Boo. Hiss.

I guess some of us know who Christopher Ferrara is referring to here, lol.

Hint; Murray Rothbard coined the term anarcho-capitalism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism 
(07-22-2011, 06:47 PM)ruralpeace Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 08:32 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: The only thing that surprised me about this article was that Ferrara didn't mention two other EWTN priests involved in scandals of different types, namely, Father Benedict Groeschel and Father Mitch Pacwa, both of whom have denied EENS, and Groeschel has put his own interpretation of what Purgatory is like.

He is also a bi ritual priest qualified to say the Eastern Rite (Aramaic) Maronite liturgies.
Fr. Pacwa may not be a Traditionalist in the proper sense, but he knows his stuff (I think he is also fluent in 5 different languages) and is a defender of ALL the Catholic teachings, IMHO.
(07-22-2011, 08:08 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
(07-22-2011, 06:47 PM)ruralpeace Wrote:

He is also a bi ritual priest qualified to say the Eastern Rite (Aramaic) Maronite liturgies.
Fr. Pacwa may not be a Traditionalist in the proper sense, but he knows his stuff (I think he is also fluent in 5 different languages) and is a defender of ALL the Catholic teachings, IMHO.

For a Jesuit, he isn't bad, and most of his programs are actually watchable, in my humble opinion.
One more reason, among other things, that the Remnant has certain political and religious associations I'm not willing to accept.

Some of us haven't forgotten how Micheal Matt attacked Bishop Williamson because of the holocaust hysteria.

Now they're making unsubstantiated claims against Father Corapi.

Catholic?  Not so much.
(07-22-2011, 01:12 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
(07-22-2011, 01:00 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 03:30 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: For example, a certain “anarcho-capitalist traditionalist”—only in America!—whose views I have contested has defended his position by cloaking himself in EWTN’s mantle of respectability while demonizing me for “attacking EWTN.”

Was it really necessary for Ferrara to take a shot at his partner-turned-enemy Tom Woods?

http://www.tomwoods.com/on-chris-ferrara/

Yup, not necessary! The devil is loving every minute of the division!  Traditionalist or not.  I think there is some self proclaimed  pride in Mr. Ferrara's article, no matter how much you agree with it or not.

Ferrara must be angry that his book, "The Church and the Libertarian" is getting demolished here: http://anarcho-catholic.blogspot.com/

(07-22-2011, 08:32 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: One more reason, among other things, that the Remnant has certain political and religious associations I'm not willing to accept.

Some of us haven't forgotten how Micheal Matt attacked Bishop Williamson because of the holocaust hysteria.

Catholic?  Not so much.
Piss off.......the remnant has more catholic bona fides then blackdog has colored whiskers
(07-22-2011, 10:10 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(07-22-2011, 08:32 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: One more reason, among other things, that the Remnant has certain political and religious associations I'm not willing to accept.

Catholic?  Not so much.
Piss off.......the remnant has more catholic bona fides then blackdog has colored whiskers

Can you say hit piece?