The Fall of Father Corapi by Christopher A. Ferrara
True, keep fighting the fight!
such presumption-assumption and down right hypocricy. How could I ever come back and say hey gerard your hypocricy was right. You guys stand there...announce your position, then judge by yourselves that its correct...and all else are obviously demonic for not agreeing. GMAB :laughing:
you have misrepresented my position as PRO SOLT from the very beginning...which I am not necessarily as I know how corrupt the hierarchy can be. But Gerard and you made this ad hominum so I responded in kind. Thank you for saying I am a good man Baker, it just proves further your hypocricy.
(08-02-2011, 12:07 AM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 10:47 PM)damooster Wrote: Being from the Diocese of Arlington, this reminds me of Fr. Haley. For those of you who don't know Fr. Haley, he was a priest that repeatedly tried to inform Bishop Loverde of the terrible things that were going on in the diocese. The bishop ignored him and later suspended him for testifying in a court case that he was subpoenaed to testify in. Rather than give up, Fr. Haley has been moving around the country, waiting for his opportunity to have his case heard. It's been over 9 years and Fr. Haley is still fighting.

You can read about the whole thing here: http://www.dailycatholic.org/issue/2003Feb/febfor1.htm

Fr. Haley was an associate pastor at my local parish when I was in college. It was the last parish he served before he get suspended. He gave good sermons and really seemed to mean business. I remember when all this stuff went down.

Do you know what he's up to now? Is he still suspended? Pretty ridiculous, considering he never engaged in scandalous behavior or sexual impropriety.

Some sort of tribunal was held in 2005 in Philadelphia but no one knows what the results were.

I do know that Fr. Haley is still listed as a priest in the diocese (he is listed in the diocesan directory). Another source says that he still receives a small stipend but its nowhere enough to help with northern VA living expenses. I've also heard that another diocesan bishop has offered to accept Fr. Haley as a transfer but Bishop Loverde supposedly won't allow it.

I'm still doing my research but I will let you know if I come up with anything else.
(08-02-2011, 01:11 PM)damooster Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 12:07 AM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 10:47 PM)damooster Wrote: Being from the Diocese of Arlington, this reminds me of Fr. Haley. For those of you who don't know Fr. Haley, he was a priest that repeatedly tried to inform Bishop Loverde of the terrible things that were going on in the diocese. The bishop ignored him and later suspended him for testifying in a court case that he was subpoenaed to testify in. Rather than give up, Fr. Haley has been moving around the country, waiting for his opportunity to have his case heard. It's been over 9 years and Fr. Haley is still fighting.

You can read about the whole thing here: http://www.dailycatholic.org/issue/2003Feb/febfor1.htm

Fr. Haley was an associate pastor at my local parish when I was in college. It was the last parish he served before he get suspended. He gave good sermons and really seemed to mean business. I remember when all this stuff went down.

Do you know what he's up to now? Is he still suspended? Pretty ridiculous, considering he never engaged in scandalous behavior or sexual impropriety.

Some sort of tribunal was held in 2005 in Philadelphia but no one knows what the results were.

I do know that Fr. Haley is still listed as a priest in the diocese (he is listed in the diocesan directory). Another source says that he still receives a small stipend but its nowhere enough to help with northern VA living expenses. I've also heard that another diocesan bishop has offered to accept Fr. Haley as a transfer but Bishop Loverde supposedly won't allow it.

I'm still doing my research but I will let you know if I come up with anything else.

Thanks. That would be great. He seemed to me a solid priest.