Beer or Wine?
What do Trad Catholics prefer Beer or Wine? I like Shiraz and Guinness but not a the same time.

Andy
Well, personally I prefer beer, but I'm not a beer snob like some others [Image: sneaky.gif] around here. I'll take a plain ole MGDLite or Labatt's.
My criteria for beer: 1. cold 2. wet 3. non-skunky [Image: beer2.gif]

Wine tends to make me sleepy and gives me a headache, but I prefer the white to the red.
There are threads on beer and mixed drinks, and a wine thread would likely see a lot of hits, too.

Pour moi, depends on the day, weather, occasion, my mood, what kind of food being eaten in conjunction (if any), etc.

In general, I prefer beer, but not that yellow, alcoholic water that passes for it in many places.
The CRAP that they put into WINES IN THIS COUNTRY gives you HEADACHES! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I have had wine many times in Italy and France and the feeling is different. NO HEADACHE! Sorry, for my rant against food additives in this country.
ah so its not the alcohol its the additives. ok ;)
I can have 3 glasses of wine in France or Italy = No headache. 3  in America with all the "special" additives mandated by law = headache.

Andy
The wine we have here in SA is pretty good.

I personally like a 'Merlot ...and beer wise I like Heinneken and a mosambican beer called 'Deuce M'.

You cant go past a good glass of red, but if I was working all day (which i do....no really, i do!) I cant go past a beer.
Gotta go the beer on this. (duh)
Wine is one of those things thats nice now and then but beer should be in the taps of every household.
LiberalJew Wrote:The CRAP that they put into WINES IN THIS COUNTRY gives you HEADACHES! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I have had wine many times in Italy and France and the feeling is different. NO HEADACHE! Sorry, for my rant against food additives in this country.

Over here we're seeing things like "May contain traces of EGG" on the labels of wine????
Chickens are great things!
Have you made your own, libs? OOOHHH keeps our 85year old priest from dying through winter!
Yeah, it's those stupid sulfites.

Red wine= good for the heart!

Beer= better thirst quencher

Hillaire Belloc was a great wine enthusiast.

Christina