Site, Forum, Vox
OK, now... Lessee.. I have tons of email and personal messages and no computer of my own right now. That is, I HAVE a computer, but it is not with me, in Indiana, where I now live. I will get it when it is possible to have it sent out to me, and as soon as that's done, I'll be able to moderate more effectively and such.

'Til then, I don't have regular access to my mail, personal messages, this forum, or anything -- the worst of it being my hard drive with all the FE files on it. I only have internet access when visiting a friend, and even then only sporadically (sort of rude to visit a friend and spend all the time on their computer!). At any rate, if someone with the means and knowledge would like to download FE (at least the site itself) in case anything goes wrong, that'd be great!

I will do all I can to keep the site up and running. Donations are definitely needed to this end, plus, quite frankly, I need money to eat on. I've got zilch. To donate, visit this page and see how:  http://www.fisheaters.com/donations/donate.html  I should be in a much better position after I get a job and/or after September,

Sorry for all the confusion. I'm as confused as you are, I'm thinking.

As to the Laura/Ty/Whatever thing, the only thing I know is this: Quis is not her/him/any of them. Other than that, I know nothing. My wish is that the names "LauraBookworm," "Ty," "MoreCoffee," et. al. be forgotten and treated as a bad dream everyone had. I know it's been a bad dream for me.

I'm not sure when I will be able to get back on the forum (most likely tomorrow), but I hope everyone calms down and posts like the old days, has some fun, and forgets the SURREAL weirdness.
(07-23-2011, 09:02 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: At any rate, if someone with the means and knowledge would like to download FE (at least the site itself) in case anything goes wrong, that'd be great!

I have the Fisheaters site. I have had it for a while. I wget'd it for local reference also I was going to play around with redoing it in a way which would be easier to manage.

I just took another copy as the one I had was old.

The forum would not be possible for me to back up like that (well, it would in theory, but I'm not going to). You should back up the database when you are able.

I could do that but I'd need admin access to the forum. You probably don't want to be giving that  to strangers (or even friends).

Freaky.  spammer here has done something... strange.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(08-02-2011, 09:33 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Freaky.  spammer here has done something... strange.

:o Oh, good grief don't click on the links. Bad. Very bad. Edit: And now it's gone.  ???
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
I didn't, seems good that I didn't... but what I'm talking about is that we  can post in this thread.  we couldn't before..
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Yes, that's very mysterious indeed.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton