Spam and Reporting
(08-03-2011, 01:56 AM)Louis_Martin Wrote: Be it known that my opinion here is not out of sympathy for anyone recently banned. That thread was an inferno and I'm not going near it.  I take no sides there. It was just.... Quite something.

Yeah, I quite reading after the first page or so.
I reported the thread to Vox.  She did the banning and locking.

One good thing about that thread was that I am now prepared to suggest an assistant moderator if Vox decides she wants to go that route.  Vetus Ordo's behaviour in that thread has shown him suitable for the job, as far as I am concerned.
Vetus has my vote, that's fo' sho'
Did that thread have any useful discussion on it? It was about 109 pages when I looked at it, and the last four or so pages were nothing but taunts and arguments of the "did not", "did so", "did not", "nyah, nyah, nyah" variety. I couldn't even figure out who was accusing whom of what (thank you, I don't want to know).

I did notice that Vetus was putting a kettle on and trying to calm people down. I saw other people doing nothing put poking with sharp sticks.
(08-03-2011, 06:45 AM)JayneK Wrote: I reported the thread to Vox.  She did the banning and locking.

One good thing about that thread was that I am now prepared to suggest an assistant moderator if Vox decides she wants to go that route.  Vetus Ordo's behaviour in that thread has shown him suitable for the job, as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the clarification, Jayne.

Vetus has my full endorsement, too (for whatever that's worth  :laughing:).
Oh the irony.
:laughing:
(08-09-2011, 03:05 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: Oh the irony.

Yep! I reported it!