The SSPX Talks With Rome Are Not a Failure
(07-27-2011, 04:30 PM)ggreg Wrote: Right, so were the 100s of millions of Catholics who lost their faith since the 1960s (including my entire school year of 180 pupils who have ALL lapsed) in the true Church or the false facsimile one?  Because as far as I can tell they went along to the same building, went to the same mass and received the same sacraments from the same priests and vessels as the Catholics who remained practising.  They were also taught the same new ideas that contradicted the old ideas.

I did not misrepresent your point.  Your point is a circular argument.  The world cannot be round because it is flat.  If you say it is round or claim that you sailed to the west and circumnavigated a globe, then you are in error because it is flat.  God told us so.

Or, the earth is in the centre of the solar system and does not move.  It says this in the Bible and the Church judges the Bible and the Church cannot err and therefore if you claim the earth orbits the Sun you are wrong, because the Church cannot be wrong,

Fast forward several hundred years and the Head of the Church is apologising for the Church being wrong.  But he is in error to do this and the Church is still error free.

All a bit to convenient for me I am afraid.

Just as a curiosity, what faith do you claim? Because if you claim to be Catholic, then your answer lies in a Catechism, and is little different from what most people have shared here. Our are you a protestant or some other creed?

Messages In This Thread
Re: The SSPX Talks With Rome Are Not a Failure - by Aenigmata in Tenebris - 07-27-2011, 04:33 PM