The SSPX Talks With Rome Are Not a Failure
(07-27-2011, 06:12 PM)Aenigmata in Tenebris Wrote: If I were an atheist, I would be expected to rationalize and come to the acknowledgement that God exists. That’s not enough, because Muslims believe in a god. If I were a Jew, with very comprehensive collection of Revelation, belief, and system of worship, I would still be expected to rationalize and come to the Truth of Catholicism because of the historical fact of OT fulfillment. If I were a protestant, I would be expected to rationalize and see the truth of consistent, Catholic teaching and the Marks of the True Church.

As an individual (whatever creed), if I see my building burning around me and resembling a cult (to reference ggreg above), then I would be expected to rationalize, to realize that that building cannot be the True Church as it does not have the Marks of the True Church.

If we cannot be expected to rationalize (or are told not to rationalize), then our purpose here on earth as explained in the Catechism is moot. We cannot expect converts from Hinduism, Islam, Jews, or any other creed; if we cannot rationalize using the tools from Divine revelation, then we cannot expect any more from them. We cannot be expected to know, love, and serve only God, because we cannot be expected to “know” using our rational intellect.

And the Church started with twelve bishops and a couple hundred faithful. I don’t think we are down to that yet, so the Church has to be a little easier to find than Schrödinger’s Cat. My opinion only of course.

Twelve Bishops might be pushing it.  I know of just four who exclusively say the old mass.  And technically speaking they are excommunicated from the Schrodinger's Cat Church.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The SSPX Talks With Rome Are Not a Failure - by ggreg - 07-27-2011, 06:27 PM