The SSPX Talks With Rome Are Not a Failure
(07-27-2011, 06:46 PM)ggreg Wrote: How many bishops are there in the organisation currently known as the Catholic Church?

Ukraine, Mexico?  There goes one of the marks, Universal or Catholic.

One?  Are these bishops even talking to each other to the best of your knowledge?

Apostolic and Holy I'll grant you.  But that is two marks.

A minute ago, you were saying 12 would be a stretch :)

Was the early Church limited in Oneness and Catholicity simply because for the first decade it was restricted to countries bordering the Mediterranean? Catholicity has as much to do with time as it does the nooks and crannies of geography does it not? And Unity is an intrinsic property of Faith - that is the beauty of the attribute. You can be united with someone that you have never met nor spoken with two centuries ago, the few Japanese Faithful were one with say the Peruvian Faithful, potentially without recognizing their existence in a discernible way. Although from my personal experiences most traditionalist bishops outside the SSPX work together. It was my experience that the Ukrainians were very much in touch with the Americans and the Mexicans, and whoever else they could reach and and find that shared the Faith.

Just saying what I know and stating my opinion. I realize I don't know everything.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The SSPX Talks With Rome Are Not a Failure - by Aenigmata in Tenebris - 07-27-2011, 06:56 PM