For The Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart
(07-27-2011, 10:56 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: I've done them before; how many more will it take? Sincerally, really? I mean I need to do a 54 day rosary novena for a different intention. And I have done a few of them and they are worth doing for sure. I have had dramatic results. But a priest (trad very conservative) told me in a novena like this only 1 intention is allowed. And I have a pressing need. Tough call.

Is there any possibility that if Russia is consecrated, the other need will resolve itself?
(07-27-2011, 10:56 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: I've done them before; how many more will it take? Sincerally, really? I mean I need to do a 54 day rosary novena for a different intention. And I have done a few of them and they are worth doing for sure. I have had dramatic results. But a priest (trad very conservative) told me in a novena like this only 1 intention is allowed. And I have a pressing need. Tough call.

In nomine Patris,
I have prayed many 54 day Rosary novenas and I have never heard of this before.
I am wondering if 'only one intention' is just this individual Priest's opinion.
I have always prayed for more than one intention.
Since I really need to know the answer on this also, I just wrote to a Priest.
I will post what he says as soon as I hear back.
Until I hear back, this is what I am thinkin':
"Mary cannot exhaust her graces, nor what can be accomplished when we ask her."

OK, I just checked what is written on the website for this upcoming 54 day Roary novena:
This website is under the guidance of at least one SSPX Priest, so it sure appears we can offer this novena for more than one intention.
Still waiting on word from the Priest I pm'd though.

BEGINNING ON AUGUST 20TH 2011 THE FEAST OF SAINT BERNARD OF CLAIRVAUX AND ENDING ON OCTOBER 13TH 2011
WE WILL BE DOING THE 54 DAY NOVENA OF ROSARIES.

WE WILL BE DOING THIS NOVENA FOR 3 INTENTIONS:

1ST: IN UNION WITH THE SSPX ROSARY CRUSADE WE ARE ASKING OUR LADY FOR THE CONSECRATION OF RUSSIA.

2ND: FOR ALL OF OUR SOCIETY BISHOPS AND PRIESTS, RELIGIOUS AND LAY FAITHFUL.

3rd: FOR OUR OWN PRIVATE INTENTIONS

(07-28-2011, 09:29 AM)Cindy Wrote:

In nomine Patris,
I have prayed many 54 day Rosary novenas and I have never heard of this before.
I am wondering if 'only one intention' is just this individual Priest's opinion.
I have always prayed for more than one intention.
Since I really need to know the answer on this also, I just wrote to a Priest.
I will post what he says as soon as I hear back.
Until I hear back, this is what I am thinkin':
"Mary cannot exhaust her graces, nor what can be accomplished when we ask her."

Cindy: this is a conservative trad priest not N.O. he said during a  novena just ask for 1 thing, any novena; rosary or otherwise I told him I was saying a 54 day rosary novena for several things when he said this, he said its ok you didnt know but now I do ask trad priest,not N.O. I hope more than 1 is good

the priest  did say that saying a regular rosary, you could have as many intentions as you want, 1, 10, 100, whatever you want
(07-28-2011, 01:19 AM)Melkite Wrote:

Is there any possibility that if Russia is consecrated, the other need will resolve itself?

Apples and oranges
(07-27-2011, 07:10 PM)Cindy Wrote: The Miraculous 54-Day Rosary Novena

On March 3, 1884, Our Lady of Pompeii appeared before the gravely ill daughter of an Italian military officer and, through her, gave the world a new devotion of tremendous power.

For over a year, Fortuna Agrelli had been in great distress and even near-death.
Indeed, her case had been given up as hopeless by the most celebrated physicians. In desperation, on February 16, the afflicted girl and her family began a novena of Rosaries.

Two weeks later, the Queen of the Holy Rosary appeared before Fortuna one evening.
Sitting upon a high throne, surrounded by luminous figures, Our Lady was holding the Divine Child on Her lap and a Rosary in Her hand.
Both were arrayed in golden garments and were accompanied by Sts. Dominic and Catherine of Siena.

“Child, your faith has pleased Me.” Our Lady said to Fortuna,
“Whoever desires to obtain favors from Me should make three novenas in petition of the prayers of the Rosary, and three novenas in thanksgiving.”

Obedient to Our Lady’s command, Fortuna and her family completed the six novenas whereupon the young girl was restored to perfect health and her family showered with many blessings.

How to Say the Miraculous
54-Day Rosary Novena

The Novena consists of five decades of the Rosary each day for twenty-seven days in petition;
then immediately five decades each day for an additional twenty-seven days in thanksgiving, whether or not the request has been granted.

The meditations vary from day to day. On the first day meditate on the Joyful Mysteries; on the second day the Sorrowful Mysteries; on the third day the Glorious Mysteries;
on the fourth day meditate again on the Joyful Mysteries; and so on throughout the fifty-four days.

http://www.fatimacrusader.com/praytheros...sary24.asp

[Image: pg47.gif]

Miraculous image of Our Lady of Pompeii

[Image: MaryPompeii.jpg]

to be said
Sounds like you have the same little blue  book I have. You didnt tell them there are prayers before each decade and before each joyful, sorrowful, glorious set. And it does not include the luminos mysteries. Maybe we should tell them where to get the book, my time is tight this morning, but I could later if you cant.
In nomine said:
to be said
Sounds like you have the same little blue  book I have. You didnt tell them there are prayers before each decade and before each joyful, sorrowful, glorious set. And it does not include the luminos mysteries. Maybe we should tell them where to get the book, my time is tight this morning, but I could later if you cant.

I think I found this "Little Blue Book" online.
They are indeed beautiful prayers, and are all posted on the Crusader website.
We are encouraged to pray them during our 54 day novena, but they are not mandatory.
They are the suggestion of the author.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:TBbe5583tiUJ:www.eclipseofthechurch.com/RosaryNovena.pdf+rosary+novenas+to+our+lady+1954+edition&hl=en&gl=ca&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgFoQbHsMhdAtpHC_4l7csvn6pCPbb3Te_9Be04TSsGtnrbuF5dbCEmmfDXhg8M2X63BQq-Yg9hJcV2-w-ouMYKO5b5M6Q9LN67Yo8Z1iW2e8mM0rbAZch75F2vlZVYKob9q3ON&sig=AHIEtbQJWHSZNDeZfUhP0ps2DIgvit1GRw&pli=1

(07-27-2011, 05:55 PM)Cindy Wrote: BEGINNING AUGUST 20TH 2011 THE FEAST OF SAINT BERNARD OF CLAIRVAUX AND ENDING ON OCTOBER 13TH 2011
WE WILL BE DOING THE 54 DAY NOVENA OF ROSARIES.

WE WILL BE DOING THIS NOVENA IN UNION WITH THE SSPX ROSARY CRUSADE

THE INTENTION FOR THIS NOVENA:

THE CONSECRATION OF RUSSIA TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY

Please Join us @ http://op54rosary.ning.com/
and go to events.

[Image: inset-botticelli-madonna-of-the-magnificat1.jpg]

OUR POSITION UNDER CANON LAW
Under Canon Law "all Christian faithful have the right to promote or to sustain apostolic action by their own undertakings" ..Canon 207(1).
To that end,
"The Christian faithful are free, by means of private agreement made among themselves, to establish associations" to carry out various apostolic works...Canon 299.

BENEFITS TO MEMBERS
As a result of belonging to an organization each member receives the following benefit

In spiritual matters the merit is multiplied by participation and not divided.
Therefore each member receives the same merit as if he had prayed/said each and every individual rosary himself.

http://op54rosary.ning.com/

[Image: sr_ROSARY-AND-SWORD-225x224.jpg]

Cindy better start praying for the consecration of Ireland and Western Europe. Russia is just fine, and is probably more religious than most of Western Europe right now. Orthodoxy is the denomination of the country. Seeing the state the Roman Catholic Church is right now I think it's best for Catholics to start worrying about their own church and territories.
Bkovacs does have a point, but let's not forget that it was our Lady herself who requested the Consecration of Russia.  I, for one, believe that it has not been done yet.  And our Lady certainly has her own good reasons for requesting it;  and even if we don't understand why,  we do need to make sure her requests are carried out. Since we are not the pope or the bishops, all we can do is the prayers, and be resigned to the will of God.