For The Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart
(07-28-2011, 11:44 AM)OmniaInstaurareInChristo Wrote: Bkovacs does have a point, but let's not forget that it was our Lady herself who requested the Consecration of Russia.  I, for one, believe that it has not been done yet.  And our Lady certainly has her own good reasons for requesting it;  and even if we don't understand why,  we do need to make sure her requests are carried out. Since we are not the pope or the bishops, all we can do is the prayers, and be resigned to the will of God.

Yes.
(07-28-2011, 11:44 AM)OmniaInstaurareInChristo Wrote: bkovacs does have a point, but let's not forget that it was our Lady herself who requested the Consecration of Russia.  I, for one, believe that it has not been done yet.  And our Lady certainly has her own good reasons for requesting it.
AMEN!
I agree with you, Omniain.
Once we heed Our Lady's request, all else will fall into place.

http://op54rosary.ning.com/
I have asked a Society priest about the intentions attached to this 54 day novena of rosaries.  I was told it was fine to have more then one intention. 

If someone is not comfortable with that as may be the case for one of the posters, since their priest told them differently, maybe it is best if you do what you think is right according to what your priest told you.

I certainly don't want to cause confusion for anyone.  I am simply going by what I was told by my priest.

As to whether or not it is of any use to continue to ask and pray that Russia be consecrated as Our Lady asked, I see it this way...if Our Lady has come back since her appearance at Fatima, and since her appearance to Sister Lucia and said nevermind forget about what I said earlier, don't worry about consecrating Russia, then someone please let me know.  If not then as I see it, and many in the Church see it, her request is still valid and needs to be fulfilled.

We intend to pray for this, and we intend to pray with confidence to Our Lady.  There is no way to know what fruits our efforts will have, but we know that prayer is never a waste of time. 

It is not necessary to have many prayers said, only that prayer prayed is prayed well.

If one Holy Communion can make you a saint, then it only takes one tiny little soul praying in earnest to make a difference.  We have many tiny little souls praying in earnest.  All that we ask is that if you are so moved...then please join us.

God bless
Story of the 54 Day Rosary Novena

"For 13 months Fortuna Agrelli, the daughter of Commander Agrelli, had endured dreadful sufferings and torturous cramps; she had been given up by the most celebrated physicians. On February 16, 1884, the afflicted girl and her relatives commenced a novena of Rosaries. At Naples, in the Commanders house, the Queen of the Holy Rosary favored her with an apparition on March 3. The Blessed Virgin Mary, sitting upon the high throne, surrounded by luminous figures, held the Divine Child on Her lap, and in Her hand a Rosary.

"Mary looked upon the sufferer with maternal tenderness, and the patient saluted Her with the words: Queen of the Holy Rosary, be gracious to me, restore me to health! I have already prayed to Thee in a novena, O Mary, but have not yet experienced Thy aid. I am so anxious to be cured!

"Child,responded the Blessed Virgin, you have invoked Me by various titles and have always obtained favors from Me. Now, since you have called Me by that title so pleasing to Me, Queen of the Holy Rosary, I can no longer refuse the favor you petition; for this name is most precious and dear to Me. Make three novenas, and you shall obtain all.

"Once more the Queen of the Holy Rosary appeared to her and said, Whoever desires to obtain favors from Me should make three novenas of the prayers of the Rosary, and three novenas in thanksgiving.

"This miracle of the Rosary made a very deep impression on Pope Leo XIII, and greatly contributed to the fact that in so many Encyclicals he urged all Christians to love the Rosary and say it fervently."

The Novena consists of 5 decades of the Rosary each day for 27 days in petition; then immediately 5 decades each day for 27 days in thanksgiving, whether or not the request has been granted. 1st day meditate on the Joyful Mysteries; 2nd day the Sorrowful Mysteries; 3rd day the Glorious Mysteries; 4th day meditate again on the Joyful Mysteries; and so on.

Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious Mysteries

http://op54rosary.ning.com/pages/joyful-mystery

http://op54rosary.ning.com/pages/sorrowful-mystery

http://op54rosary.ning.com/pages/glorious-mystery

Starts August 20th

God bless you!
This is exactally from the little blue book I mentioned earlier. Thank you and may God bless you for posting this. I have the blue book but this is excellent.
(07-31-2011, 02:22 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: This is exactally from the little blue book I mentioned earlier. Thank you and may God bless you for posting this. I have the blue book but this is excellent.

They are such beautiful prayers.  The meditations are very helpful too.

I found these from the 54 Day Novena with Padre Pio.  I'm not sure exactly but I think this is what he(Padre Pio) used to use.
In my daily rosaries I have at least 5 regular intentions (Holy Souls, conversion of sinners, to do reparation for the blasphemies against Our Lord and Lady, conversion of some members of my family, etc) and sometimes I add one or two more.  Does it matter how many intentions or petitions are asked for?  I don't think so.  For the present request for the 54-day novena, the main intention is for the conversion of Russia.  Secondary intentions can be for anything you need to ask for. 
It is not too early to join us.
For those who would like to pray in union with us, we will be starting a novena to Saint Philomena on August 2nd,
and a novena for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary on August 6th.
http://op54rosary.ning.com/

[Image: immaculata-2b.jpg]
“We fasten our souls to Your hope, as to an abiding anchor. It is to Her that the saints who have saved themselves have been the most attached and have done their best to attach others, in order to persevere in virtue. Happy, then, a thousand times happy, are the Christians who are now fastened faithfully and entirely to Her, as to a firm anchor!” (Treatise on True Devotion, n. 175).

Saint Louis Marie Grignon de Montfort
To Give Freely of Ourselves to God

by Rev. Father Daniel Cooper

Society of Saint Pius the X

http://op54rosary.ning.com/forum/topics/...rselves-by

[Image: Rosary-For-Busy-People.jpg]