For The Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart
I signed up at crusades  its pending approval
Started the Novena today but did not join the group because I am not officially a member of any of the traditional groups (SSPX, FSSP, etc.) Do I need to do so in order to participate?
(09-07-2011, 10:30 PM)ImmacHrt Wrote: Started the Novena today but did not join the group because I am not officially a member of any of the traditional groups (SSPX, FSSP, etc.) Do I need to do so in order to participate?

You do not need to be an official member of a traditional group.
We are Catholics, praying to Our Lady for the mentioned intentions and for each other.
Please come join us, dear ImmacHrt, and reap the benefits of being in an association.
God bless you, and I hope to see you there.

http://op54rosary.ning.com/
(09-07-2011, 10:30 PM)ImmacHrt Wrote: Started the Novena today but did not join the group because I am not officially a member of any of the traditional groups (SSPX, FSSP, etc.) Do I need to do so in order to participate?

ImmacHrt, after reading this again, I may have misunderstood your question.
If you meant "do you need to join Crusaders, in order to participate," I would answer no.
Our Lord and Our Lady hear your prayers and know your intentions.
But, in order to gain the benefits of being in an association you would have to join.
God bless you.
As you know Cindy,  I joined, rosary #1 said. Maybe someone should hit this thread everyday. I do like the group benefit part, especially when praying for intentions. I hope Russia is finally consecrated and my personal intentions are granted. I did do a group 54 before, with Fr Grunners intentions, the same.
Moderators, you have some work to do!   :)

Posting a couple of hours after the above line .... Thanks!!  :)
Thank you Cindy. I would to be able to join, just not sure how I would because they ask for a priest and alas I am still attending the N.O. most of the time and if I can get to a TLM it is a diocesan Mass.
(09-08-2011, 10:14 PM)ImmacHrt Wrote: Thank you Cindy. I would to be able to join, just not sure how I would because they ask for a priest and alas I am still attending the N.O. most of the time and if I can get to a TLM it is a diocesan Mass.

ImmacHrt, I know for a fact that they are very happy to welcome anyone, N.O. or Trad.,
whomever is sincere to be praying with us.
I believe they ask for your Priest's name because there is a prayer thread with all of our Priest's names on it, so that in union we can pray for them.
Most of the members are SSPX, but certainly not all.
God bless you!

(09-08-2011, 10:32 PM)Cindy Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 10:14 PM)ImmacHrt Wrote: Thank you Cindy. I would to be able to join, just not sure how I would because they ask for a priest and alas I am still attending the N.O. most of the time and if I can get to a TLM it is a diocesan Mass.

ImmacHrt, I know for a fact that they are very happy to welcome anyone, N.O. or Trad.,
whomever is sincere to be praying with us.
I believe they ask for your Priest's name because there is a prayer thread with all of our Priest's names on it, so that in union we can pray for them.
Most of the members are SSPX, but certainly not all.
God bless you!

ImmacHrt,
I just checked, and you can just "write in" N.O. or Dioceasan if you like.
And you don't need to add a Priest's name ...it is optional.
(09-08-2011, 02:19 AM)In nomine Patris Wrote: As you know Cindy,  I joined, rosary #1 said. Maybe someone should hit this thread everyday. I do like the group benefit part, especially when praying for intentions. I hope Russia is finally consecrated and my personal intentions are granted. I did do a group 54 before, with Fr Grunners intentions, the same.

In nomine, I am so happy you joined and that we are all praying in union.
I also pray that Russia is finally concecrated, and I pray our personal intentions are granted.
My Priest reminded me that when praying in an Association, we gain the benefits of ALL members,

In spiritual matters the merit is multiplied by participation and not divided.
Therefore each member receives the same merit as if he had prayed/said each and every individual rosary himself

Our Lord and His Holy Mother are so good as to allow the weak souls who pray with many distractions (that's me) to
gain the same merits as the souls who are strong and prays more devoutly.
I think of it as: the strong carries the weak.
Ahhh, anyway, I am very happy you are praying with us, In Nomine.
God bless you!

PS,  The Crusader's have almost 100 members, so we are EACH gaining the merits of almost 100 Rosaries prayed daily.
We gain the merits of ALL members, not just the ones praying the 54 day novena.

PSS, Yes, it would be good to keep this thread alive, as the 54 Day Rosary Novena is only one option for participation.