Voris responds to Shea... This is getting good
(07-27-2011, 10:05 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: We just had a brewhaha at another social media site I'm on about this. The neo-con/neo-cath crew were rejoicing that Voris was banished from WYD. The trads were agitated because Voris hasn't taught anything heterodox. He only speaks out against fallible opinions that are against church teaching. It amazes me how the neo-caths shun people once that embrace trad Catholicism. Its amazing how they either like Voris or tolerated him as a neo-cath, but once he started speaking like a trad and calling out the foolishness, he was considered "intolerant." Now Voris is a renigade, disrespectful, rude to the hierarchy. Apparently the neo crew really are ultra-obediant to the extreme. Criticizing fallible opinions by the hierarchy on everyday things is now disrespecting them. Being disrespectful is what McBrian, Kung, and Pfleger do. They actively shun orthodox teaching for protestantism.

I've had the same reaction from my NeoCath friends when I became Trad.
As they see it, I straight up just left the Church (And I wasn't even going to an SSPX chapel - I was going to the FSSP LOL.Oh well, their loss, my gain ultimately).
(07-27-2011, 10:45 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(07-27-2011, 10:41 PM)Walty Wrote: It's just a matter of time before he becomes a trad, I hope. 

I think this raises the question of what is a trad? He clearly prefers to TLM over the NO and I can't think of anything he has said that goes against tradition.   

I think a trad is someone who sees the infiltration of Modernism into the Church and thusly wishes for Vatican II and the Novus Ordo to be sent down the wormhole.

I don't think Mr. Voris is ready to go that far yet.
As I stated in an earlier thread on Fr. Corapi, I suspect that because of the rise of traditional Catholicism, orthodox conservative (opposed to liberal conservative) catholicism is now under attack.  This is right out of secular politics, in order to keep Tradition from getting back into the "mainstream" there must be a new "extremist" position and that position is going to be orthodox conservative Catholicism in order to push back against the rise of Traditionalism and the influence it will have in forcing the conservatives to pick a side eventually, orthodox traditional Catholicism or what used to be called and still is heresy, schism and apostasy. 

I expect to see any manly approach to Catholicism attacked by so-called conservative bishops at some point, with emphasis on "obedience" or some other excuse to prevent any sort of expression of militant Catholicism.
(07-27-2011, 10:28 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: SSPX World Youth Day would be something to see...

Traditionalists have their own version of WYD. It's called the Chartres Pilgrimage, and it's far more spiritually edifying than some neo-Catholic version of Woodstock.
(07-27-2011, 11:23 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote:
(07-27-2011, 10:28 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: SSPX World Youth Day would be something to see...

Traditionalists have their own version of WYD. It's called the Chartres Pilgrimage, and it's far more spiritually edifying than some neo-Catholic version of Woodstock.

Interesting that you make the comparison to Woodstock because of the hoopla a few years ago when the Pilgrimage was criticized by TIA for inappropriately dressed people attending.  And the Remnant people were up in arms about it.  But it was the same way they are up in arms about the inappropriateness of dress at WYD.  It just stikes me as amazing as to how people hate having their subjective standards brought into question.  It's like the old George Carlin joke about anyone who drives slower than you is an idiot, and anyone who drives faster than you is a maniac. 
(07-27-2011, 11:23 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote:

The Chartres Pilgrimage is wonderful indeed, but I believe that during WYD the traditional youth organization, Juventutem, is out in force providing traditional Masses and catechesis during the entire course of the event.

[Image: Juventutem_logo.png]

http://juventutem.org/pages/intro.php

That's a contradiction in terms.
(07-28-2011, 01:54 AM)Servire Deo Wrote:

That's a contradiction in terms.

I don't see how. Having an event solely for Catholic youth is certainly a laudable and even necessary endeavor. The way in which it has been implemented with these WYDs is certainly a travesty, but it doesn't discredit the concept.

It is called the chartres pilgrimage and it is pretty impressive.
"Not approved" is the same thing they used on Fr. Gruner. This tells me this guy  Voris is on a wanted poster in the Lavendar Lizard Lounge.

tim