Voris responds to Shea... This is getting good
(07-30-2011, 10:10 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(07-30-2011, 10:07 PM)Joshua Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 08:35 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 07:13 PM)Joshua Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 11:40 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: ... all the rest is just so much flower arranging and tea ceremony.

What are you referring to exactly?

Because a lot of trads don't really care about dogma and construct their own solipsistic criteria for who is and who isn't "trad".  I keep coming back to, who cares?

Practically speaking, does a refusal to accept religious liberty or believe in it put one out of the Church?  I doubt it very much.

It rapidly degenerates from there.

I see. I had thought you were referring to the manner in which the Mass is celebrated or to how true one is in adhering to the rubrics. I've run across several people on this forum who attempt to form a false dichotomy between dogma and liturgy. Neither can be separated from the other. In the East, it is the liturgy that guides dogma, not the other way around. In hindsight, one can see how this mindset may have done more in preserving the theological patrimony of the Church in the post-concilliar era.

Dogma is more important than Liturgy.  The Japanese  and Korean Catholic Church lived without much Liturgy for hundreds of years.

AB, you're going to anger the "salvation by Mass alone" pseudo-trads.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Voris responds to Shea... This is getting good - by Servire Deo - 07-30-2011, 10:28 PM