RIP Archbishop Sambi
(07-28-2011, 11:52 AM)SLCFranciscan Wrote: Shame on you.  You should discuss this matter with your confessor.

I think the people praying for a heretic should discuss the matter with their confessor.
He seemed like a jovial fellow , not a promoter of heresy  R.I.P.    :pray: :pray: :pray:
(07-28-2011, 01:15 PM)Servire Deo Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 11:52 AM)SLCFranciscan Wrote: Shame on you.  You should discuss this matter with your confessor.

I think the people praying for a heretic should discuss the matter with their confessor.

Since when is praying for someone a bad thing?

I'm happy you are holy enough to judge others. :fish:

We should pray for everyone, especially heretics (though there is no reason to believe Archbishop Sambi was a heretic).  This is basic Catholicism, one doesn't need to discuss this with a confessor.

Pray for others.  Period.  Learn this. 
(07-28-2011, 02:06 PM)salus Wrote: He seemed like a jovial fellow , not a promoter of heresy  R.I.P.    :pray: :pray: :pray:

Being jovial is a temporal quality.

(07-28-2011, 02:07 PM)LRThunder Wrote:

When it's obvious he or she died as an excommunicant.

(07-28-2011, 02:18 PM)SLCFranciscan Wrote:

"Shame on you."

(07-28-2011, 02:20 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:

We should pray for everyone, especially heretics (though there is no reason to believe Archbishop Sambi was a heretic).  This is basic Catholicism, one doesn't need to discuss this with a confessor.

Pray for dead heretics? Why?
(07-28-2011, 02:24 PM)Servire Deo Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 02:06 PM)salus Wrote: He seemed like a jovial fellow , not a promoter of heresy  R.I.P.    :pray: :pray: :pray:

Being jovial is a temporal quality.

(07-28-2011, 02:07 PM)LRThunder Wrote:

When it's obvious he or she died as an excommunicant.

(07-28-2011, 02:18 PM)SLCFranciscan Wrote:

"Shame on you."

(07-28-2011, 02:20 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:

Pray for dead heretics? Why?

You just get stupider and stupider with each passing day, don't you?

You have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thy enemy. [44] But I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you: [45] That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven, who maketh his sun to rise upon the good, and bad, and raineth upon the just and the unjust.

[46] For if you love them that love you, what reward shall you have? do not even the publicans this? [47] And if you salute your brethren only, what do you more? do not also the heathens this? [48] Be you therefore perfect, as also your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:44
(07-28-2011, 02:28 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: You just get stupider and stupider with each passing day, don't you?

You have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thy enemy. [44] But I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you: [45] That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven, who maketh his sun to rise upon the good, and bad, and raineth upon the just and the unjust.

[46] For if you love them that love you, what reward shall you have? do not even the publicans this? [47] And if you salute your brethren only, what do you more? do not also the heathens this? [48] Be you therefore perfect, as also your heavenly Father is perfect.

Don't treat me like your father treated you.

Point out what you disagree with specifically and address it.

Just making insults and throwing around scriptural quotes makes you look Protestant.
(07-28-2011, 02:44 PM)Servire Deo Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 02:28 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: You just get stupider and stupider with each passing day, don't you?

Don't treat me like your father treated you.

Point out what you disagree with specifically and address it.

Just making insults and throwing around scriptural quotes makes you look Protestant.

The Church, through her liturgy especially, has made is abundantly clear that we should pray for others.  On Good Friday we especially set aside prayers for various non-Catholics, so it's not just that we pray for those who are already of the faithful.

So here's what I disagree with:

1) You called the Archbishop an excommunicant and a heretic.  Well he wasn't excommunicated (Rome would do that and never did).  And you or I don't make the determination that he's a heretic eitehr (Rome would do that and never did).  So you are wrong.

2) You seem to have a deeply twisted idea that one shouldn't pray for someone who has died and (in your eyes in this case, not in mine) has serious problems in his belief or faith.  You should actually pray for him more.  Your view that we should not pray for him is Satanic -- literally in the sense that withholding prayers for someone who has died helps Satan.
(07-28-2011, 02:44 PM)Servire Deo Wrote: Just making insults and throwing around scriptural quotes makes you look Protestant.

Your ignorance of Christ, the laws of His church, and the Spiritual Works of Mercy makes you look like an ass.  And a poorly catechized one at that.

:tiphat: