Who killed more Catholics?
(07-28-2011, 12:34 AM)Adeodatus01 Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 12:20 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 12:17 AM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: I don't know if the Irish famine can be laid at his feet entirely, though perhaps, and that accounts for 500,000 Irish right there, slain because of their "popery").

The British did not genetically engineer the Potato blight.  While there response to the crisis was deplorable, given the resources of the time there wasn't much more they could have done. 

I was talking the subjugation of Ireland to the Puritans under Oliver Cromwell, and the devastating effects that it had on the economy and people of that land. We're 200 years before any potato famines.

Ah, very well. Carry on. 
(07-28-2011, 12:41 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 12:14 AM)Walty Wrote: You have to define your question.  Are we talking like how many people have been put to death publically, or how many souls have been lost? 

He defined his question. He's reading about martyrs and wonders who killed more people.

Ahh, well then it's definitely the Muslims.

The Crusades alone put them at the top, not to mention their continuing persecution of Christians.  Jewish, especially Zionist, ideas, however, have probably accounted for more Christian deaths.  Communism and all that.
Because Jews are not big in numerical numbers , they do their deeds behind other causes, for instance Communism was a Jewish invention and most of the early leaders were Jews. also when the Muslims attacked Spain , Jews helped them. and of course the behind the scenes of Freemasonry a Jewish invention would allows moronic gentiles in at the lower levels. It is also known that Jews were heavily involved in the Protestant revolution and French Revolution to topple Church and Monarchy. Strange isn't it for a small group to be so active in soo many spheres, well they were supposed to present JESUS to the world, they rejected him, now they do what they can to undermine JESUS's teachings in Faith and Morals. ACLU another Jewish creation goes after nativity scenes and crosses, dirty art and filhy films underming decency.  I suggest everyone read THE REVOLUTIONARY JEW by E. Michael Jones  on the Culture Wars website, it goes century after century how the conflict between the Catholic Church(The new inheritors of Gods promises) and the Jews (The original chosen people who rejected their Savior) You wont put it down
(07-28-2011, 12:08 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(07-27-2011, 11:51 PM)Petertherock Wrote: When I read about the Saints each day...a great number of martyrs were killed by either Jews or Muslims. So between the two groups, who has killed more Catholics?

Hmm.  Muslims invaded and wiped out Catholic Palestine, Catholic Syria, Catholic Asia Minor, Catholic Egypt, Catholic North Africa, Catholic Spain, Catholic North Albania.  The Jews invaded.....(crickets chirping).  I wonder which group has killed more Catholics?

Yes sir. The mohammedans are the greatest destroyer of Catholics. Of course, Satan is responsible for it all, but islam is one of his greatest assets.

Given the destruction by the muslims, it is probably best that none of us ever show affection or support for the religion, you know, like kissing the quaran.
Petertherock: if you made a poll, I'd vote Mohammedan.
STALIN AND MAO!
(07-28-2011, 04:30 PM)JCCMADD Wrote: STALIN AND MAO!

Yeah, they killed quite a few, but they didn't have 1500 years to work in. There's no doubt that the followers of the paedophile still hold the historical trophy.
(07-28-2011, 12:48 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Catholic Portugal (tho' to be honest both it and Spain were ruled by Arians when they were invaded)

There was no Spain or Portugal when the Moors invaded, only the Visigothic Kingdom.

And the Visigoths had already converted to Catholicism before the invasion of the infidel hordes.
(07-28-2011, 05:08 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 12:48 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Catholic Portugal (tho' to be honest both it and Spain were ruled by Arians when they were invaded)

There was no Spain or Portugal when the Moors invaded, only the Visigothic Kingdom.

And the Visigoths had already converted to Catholicism before the invasion of the infidel hordes.

A) I know that, but Spain had been mentioned and since they conquered all of Iberia, what is now Portugal had been omitted.

B) I did not know that. Always thought they were still Arian. I stand corrected. :)
(07-28-2011, 05:12 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 05:08 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

A) I know that, but Spain had been mentioned and since they conquered all of Iberia, what is now Portugal had been omitted.

B) I did not know that. Always thought they were still Arian. I stand corrected. :)

Catholic Encyclopedia Wrote:The ensuing era was fairly peaceful. The Catholics received unlimited tolerance, so that the Church constantly increased in strength while the Visigothic nation and kingdom grew steadily weaker. The nobility enthroned and deposed kings at pleasure; of thirty-five kings, seventeen were murdered or deposed. Arianism, isolated after the destruction of the Ostrogothic and Vandalic kingdoms, constantly declined but was revived during the reign of Leovigild (568-86) His son Hermenigild revolted against him but was defeated and beheaded. Later narratives represent Hermenigild as a martyr for Catholicism, his wife, a Frankish princess, having converted him, but contemporary authorities say nothing of it. Leovigild made a vain effort to win the Catholics by a conciliatory confession of faith drawn up by an Arian synod at Toledo. His son Reccared (586-601) became a Catholic and the Visigoths soon followed his example. With this began the amalgamation of Roman and German elements in Spain. In law and politics the Romans became Gothic; the Goths in social life and religion became Roman. The Catholic Church was the national and established Church, while connection with Rome ceased almost entirely. The court of highest instance was the national council at Toledo. The king appointed the bishops and convoked the council. But the constant struggles of the royal house with the secular and spiritual aristocracy caused the downfall of the nation. From the middle of the seventh century the Arabs were masters of North Africa. In 711 they forced their way into Spain under Tarik. King Roderick was defeated at Jerez de la Frontera, and the Arabs acquired almost the whole of Spain. The Romans and Goths coalesced, forming the Spanish nation which succeeded later in driving the Arabs out of the peninsula.