Quis
(08-03-2011, 01:32 PM)wallflower Wrote: Jacafamala, I appreciate lolanthe's statement too but I don't believe anything said so far has been so unreasonable as to evoke your comment. This is exactly what I'm asking for that the oldies for whom this is old, old news have a little respect for those for whom it's new or even other oldies for whom it's not so black and white. There are multiple aspects to this and I happen to be someone who is detail-oriented and analytical, even when I'm the one in the hotseat. It's not something I save for others alone and it's not based in wanting to be judgemental, it's just the way I tick. Sometimes it's a strength, sometimes it's a handicap, I'll admit, but it's not necessarily unreasonable. If the comment was in general and not necessarily for me, I'm sure the above applies to many here, not just me.

Thanks Vox for reassuring that you are not disparaging to those who go about their doubts/questions in a more respectful manner. I agree that using it to bash the entire forum is not the answer and I've spoken up against that multiple times. But I also understand that there's a lot of history that I'm not privy to. I'm sure most are doing what they believe is best. 

I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings, wallflower. I didn't mean too--really. It just seems to me that  the situation's pretty clear at this point. That's all.  :)
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(08-03-2011, 08:57 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 05:38 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 05:33 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: I used to be on fisheaters under a different name around 2006-2007, before Quis and Vox's marriage. I left for a while and when I came back about two years ago I was very surprised to find that they were married, and I wondered if I had just misunderstood their circumstances when I had been on here previously. I asked another member about it in a pm and she explained very simply about their getting married and that at the time there had been some controversy and some members had left. I was still a little curious about the whole thing but decided that it wasn't my business and that I had no right to assume anything other than that they had spoken to a priest about it and that everything was fine. Then I stopped thinking about it. I never felt scandalized and never thought I had a right to know the details of their marriage or personal lives. I'm not their priest, and issues with marriages, annulments, and families can be extremely complicated and certainly not something that strangers on an internet forum have any right to speculate about. People aren't obliged to give every last detail about their lives in order to avoid any chance of scandal, and some people--not naming names but uh yeah that other forum--absolutely thrive on drama and will never lose an opportunity to point fingers and spread gossip. It's petty, sad, and totally lacking in charity.

This is the voice of reason. Now let's drop it, shall we?
[Image: 1238512678_thread_wrecker.gif]

Vox pop, you little twerp!  :laughing:
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(08-03-2011, 04:14 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(08-03-2011, 01:32 PM)wallflower Wrote: Jacafamala, I appreciate lolanthe's statement too but I don't believe anything said so far has been so unreasonable as to evoke your comment. This is exactly what I'm asking for that the oldies for whom this is old, old news have a little respect for those for whom it's new or even other oldies for whom it's not so black and white. There are multiple aspects to this and I happen to be someone who is detail-oriented and analytical, even when I'm the one in the hotseat. It's not something I save for others alone and it's not based in wanting to be judgemental, it's just the way I tick. Sometimes it's a strength, sometimes it's a handicap, I'll admit, but it's not necessarily unreasonable. If the comment was in general and not necessarily for me, I'm sure the above applies to many here, not just me.

Thanks Vox for reassuring that you are not disparaging to those who go about their doubts/questions in a more respectful manner. I agree that using it to bash the entire forum is not the answer and I've spoken up against that multiple times. But I also understand that there's a lot of history that I'm not privy to. I'm sure most are doing what they believe is best. 

I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings, wallflower. I didn't mean too--really. It just seems to me that  the situation's pretty clear at this point. That's all.  :)

No problem.  :)
WHo me a twerp? whad I do ???

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQUMlE2sC5rFrBVt9ICn9...T073myUNGQ]
(08-03-2011, 05:38 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: WHo me a twerp? whad I do ???

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQUMlE2sC5rFrBVt9ICn9...T073myUNGQ]
:laughing:
Wow. I get sidetracked at work for a couple of weeks, go on beach house vacation with limited internet access, then return to the forum to learn this.

For what it's worth (not much), I had a really cool dream about Vox and Quis a couple of years ago. I was on vacation in Seattle and ran into them at a bar. They invited me back to their place, where we proceeded to discuss matters of faith and state over multiple Red Hook Ales. They were a hip and interesting couple. I had a great time!

You and Quis have my prayers, Vox. Hang tough. Maybe we're nothing more than avatars and random internet rants to you, but I'm sure I speak for the tank when I say we're behind you 100 percent.

Keep the faith!

~Anam-Chara
Boy these spammers are good, huh?

More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.